850 super charger 2

• Hi all
    It’s been along time since I last left a post on here (sun 31st April).
    And I have noticed that the post has had a lot of comments left from other peoples about their experiences with superchargers
    Well caring on form where I left off. I left oxford at 8.30pm Sunday and headed straight for Vienna. It was currently set up at 380bhp with some fancy Australian super charger fitted funning about 8 psi boost.
    The car ran like a dream all the way through south England, France, Belgium, the Netherlands & on the German autobahns. This is where I managed to catch up and over take a few of the cars on the gumball, including a few lambos and a Ferrari Enzo!
    I also engaged a new m3 in Belgium but soon lost it when I reached 130mph. But this was not the top speed I reached. Coming home through France I reached 160 (gps verified) but due to slight probs I didn’t push it any more despite having at least another 10mph left in her.
    However when I reached Vienna the thermostat failed on the car and it overheated. Not a massive problem, but the car wasn’t the same afterwards and was constantly over heating. Nevertheless I did manage to coacher her back home, only for her to fail completely just out side of Norwich, Norfolk.
    The thermostat had stuck shut and the engine over heated completely warping all the heads, splitting the silicon hosing and wrecking the supercharger.
    So for the past 8 months the car has been in for a total over hall, a new engine & a vortech supercharger which should be arriving in a few days from the states.
    So full update of stats, pics and any other questions you could have will soon be answered.
    But approx bhp will be 550 for everyday use but can be tweaked to 600-800 if the urge takes me

Heinrich

"In The Sprit Of True Raging, You Cannot Rage Harder Than Gumball :twisted: "

• Heinrich,
    Sorry to hear about your overheated engine. Those engines do not like it in red even for a split second.

Hey what model is the vortex supercharger? Did it come with all the housing or did you had to manufacture it yourself to make it fit? And also, you have 850 or 840? I know those vortex are fairly affordable and have been considering them for some time now, especially if your numbers of 600-800 are correct.

• If he has increased the displacement from 5L to 6L it is possible to get around 425hp without forced induction. Don’t know how much power will supercharger add to it but I assume up a maximum of 40%. So 600+hp should be achievable but 800 is optimistic.

• Sorry for the delay in the reply guys. Had problems logging back on to the site.
    Answers to your question are.
    It’s a ysi vortech super charger capable of 1100bhp (I think)
    It’s an 850ci Manual made in 93
    And yes I did have 2 blokes working on it from the maclarans F1 team. Only for 1day though. Everything else is very much a proto type. Hence the amount of time it’s taking to rebuild (and get it right this time)
    Also as little added note, I found out 1 of the reasons why the engine got a little hot. When I was doing 160+ on the way home I’d already blown a head gasket and lost half the engine :(
    I have now been told it will be back on the road by the end of this month. SO hopefully more accurate details and figures to come soon!!!
    Heinrich

• You can afford 2 F1 Mechanics to work on your car, You must have plenty money! Is it possible to see a picture of your engine? Any condition of the engine is fine, I just want to see how the big F1 boys do it to an 8, Thanks in advance!

• I will do my best. I hope to upload the only pic of the "old engine" i have over the weekend but i'll try and get a pic of it in the condidtion it is now.
    And getting two F1 people to work on your car is not a question of money, but of who you know!! :P
    Will report back soon.......
    Heinrich

• Well
    Here they are then. The collection of pics of my car. From the original condition, right through from having the body kit added and a re-spray, to having a new engine, racing round Europe back to having the engine out and a new super charger added. And unfortunately that’s as far as its got at the mo. There just seems to be new problem every day that delays the progress of the car, but hopefully within in a month or 2, I might just get it back in road worth condition!!!!

• Hi Heinrich
    Can't wait for your finished product pictures and results.
    Some of your pictures suggest that you have windscreen wiper problems!
    Am I correct?
    Regards
    Mat

• Well spotted Mat. When the car went in for body work, they cracked the windscreen, enough for it 2 fail the MOT.
    I got the guy doing the engine to fit me a new windscreen, but unfortunately didn’t adjust the wipers correctly and they were left sticking slightly up, which is not good when you are doing 150+ as they tend to creep up the windscreen. However this is not a major problem and 1 that will be sorted before I get it back

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!