My dream is fulfilled: 850CSI

• Hello, Bonjour,

After having owned several BMWs (my last was a mint 1994 Daytona Violett M3 Cabrio), I have finally purchased my dream car: a 1996 BMW 850CSI.

It was hard to sell the M3 after owning it for almost 6 years, but I just couldn't resist when I have heard that someone was selling an 850CSI with just 30'000 kms.

It is Techno Violett with 18'' M Parallel wheels and an Individual two-tone interior (Dark Purple / Grey):

The interior might look a little "special" on those pictures, but it is a lot nicer in the flesh (the pics where taken with my cell phone).

I am planning to keep in completely stock. I have yet to put the original BMW emblems back on as the previous owner put some tacky ///M ones.

I am just considering on removing the front license plate support as the Swiss plates are just too small for it.

I wanted it to look like this:

What do you think?

P.S. I will post some nicer pictures once the car will be detailed.

Regards,

• Wow, that is a really really beautiful e31 in a rare colour combo!
    You should replace the rear mirror with a auto dimming one for fully options :wink:

I think without the front license plate, the car looks a bit ugly :?

Congratulations!

• Bonjour Alex,

Bienvenue au club des possesseurs de 8, la tienne à l’air vraiment magnifique, et en version Csi pour ne rien gâcher.

J’aurais peut être l’occasion de la voir de plus près, et de faire ta connaissance, j’habite à 60 Kms de GENEVE près d’Annecy en France.

Belle acquisition, profite en bien.

Michel

Passioné de BMW et encore plus de la 8 :lol:
    E31 850 ia 1991 x2 1/2
    Range rover 1989
    VW Golf I Cabrio
    Yamaha 125 YBR :ahhhhh:

• I'm not sure if I like it. But it's different and that appeals to me. I have a qeustion about the black parts of the interior. They look very shiny and intense black. I sure like that. Is that a different material than normal 8s have? I can use all the cockpit-spray I want, but I'll never get it that shiny.

Cheers, Peter

• I was not sure about the interior either, but it has grown on me.

An Individual interior suits that kind of car well after all! 8)

The black parts are actually "graphite" wood.

Regards,

• Zitat von Jaguar

I think without the front license plate, the car looks a bit ugly :?

Like the foto he posted it is, but I see it is done by computer. If you keep the vents next to the licenceplate as original and you fill the gap left by the licenceplateholder it would look great.

It's a nice car indeed, the interior is very personal I must say.

• Everybody's car looks great. Red on black = hot. I just purchased some original 17 bbs style wheels that were an option for the CSI in the states. The rears are a little wider than stock wheels.
    Earl, how wide are your wheels all around. I appreciate the filling of the wheel well. More and more I am liking your style wheel (the only other original option at 17" in the states. Are your wheels in the back wider than in the front? I'll get some pictures to everyone soon. 8 series: always a dream car I want them all. 8)

• Zitat von Martin

Alx:

Look at my car. :wink:
    many greetings
    Martin

Hello Martin :)

Thank you for the picture, that's exactly what I am trying to do!

I see you had the same idea with the Swiss license plate. Did you put a black grill in the place of the plate holder?

I was thinking on puting the grill from the "standard" 850:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/sho…&btnr=51_1992&hg=51&fg=15

Do you have more pictures? That would be great!

P.S. Send me a message if you are coming to Geneva one of this days :wink:

• Happy new year everyone! :)

Here are some more pictures taken yesterday:

I still have to remove that huge front license plate support.

P.S.: I have finally decided to put the 850CSI badge again; many thanks for your opinions!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!