Wanted: Standard exhaust back box for 840Ci

• My right side back box is about to disintegrate, and I want to replace it with stock but don't fancy paying insane BMW prices! I wonder if anyone has a used one in good condition perhaps after upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust? Must have round tailpipes. I will buy both sides if available and the price is good.

Cheers
    Paul.

• They have a CSi in for breaking, but I don't think they have what I'm after (good condition original BMW back box).

Thanks anyway! Still looking if anyone has anythinng available....

• Good luck with this!!!

I've been trying to find the same part but for my CSi - it would seem everyone just throws used exhausts away!!!!!1

Dealer prices are shocking!!!!!! Works out cheaper to have a pair of stainless back boxes custom made, than to buy one box from the stealers - i'm gonna get some done and just get them to replicate the original look and sound.

• Yeah I know what you mean! I did consider stainless boxes but I'm just not convinced that they'll look stock. Most of them either don't get the tailpipe lengths right, or they don't have a slash-cut finish (normal round finish or even rectangular are common).

I don't mind a small increase in noise, as long as it's not boomy or tinny (unlikely with a V8 but you never know), but most important is it must look original for me.

• I'll let you know how mine go!!!!! Might not be getting it done for another month or two though.

Once my 3 series has been re-built and is running sweet, i'll get it done and post up some before and after pics.

• back boxe

i have a complete rear system removed from a 840ci
    the drivers side box is in good shape as it wasnt on the car that long.
    where in the uk are you
    cheers
    steve

E31-840CI 1995 (AUTO) AND IM STILL A MEMBER!

• I am in (not so) sunny Scotland, I live in Edinburgh but more often than not the 8 is at my folks' place on the West coast as I only have one parking space so I usually take my daily driver (Omega 3.0 MV6) to Edinburgh.

If you're quite far from me I'm sure it wouldn't be too expensive to post, I got a complete cat-back system (3 silencers) delivered for my Omega for £90 all in including the price of the exhaust itself :shock: how much of that was delivery cost I have no idea.

What sort of money are you after? And do you have any pics (I mainly want to see if it's got the same tailpipe style to mine, slash-cut round)? You can e-mail me at paul.morg@yahoo.co.uk cheers.

• Thanks for the pics, looks good. The only difference from mine is that the tail pieces are black instead of chrome, but they should be easy enough to swap as they just pull off (assuming they're not stuck).

Will drop you a PM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!