Clutch pedal sticking

• Hi to all
    I need to pick the brains of you experts out there.
    I recently experienced trouble with my clutch pedal sticking down about 2/3 of the way down and not returning without pulling it up with my foot.
    The Local BMW dealer quickly diagnosed i needed a new clutch.
    I let them get on with it and they replaced the pressure plate, clutch plate, thrust bearing and flywheel as it was scored.
    The fly wheel being the only part i paid for as the clutch parts were still under warranty.
    How ever the problem still remains, it is only once a week or so that it happens but can be distracting.
    There does not seem to be any pattern it can happen at any time cold or warm conditions.

-I can still change gears when this happens.
    -There are no vibrations or rumblings through the pedal.
    -The carpet does not foul or impede the pedal in any way.
    -No sign of leaking from any of the reservoirs.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Allen

• I can only imagine it's either a spring (pressure plate) or hydraulic issue, and as the entire assembly has been replaced I'd look to the hydraulics. Did they replace the fluid and bleed the system after replacing the clutch? The setup on these cars allows for clutch replacement without disturbing the hydraulics so they may not have done.

It's a cheap and easy one to try, I don't know if it'll fix anything but it's one to eliminate.

• Has the pivot for the clutch pedal been lubricated?

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!