• o.k that´s the last one.........how should i describe it heemmmmmmm

o.k when i listen to radio and the car passes exactly 140kph the volume get high which is terribly annoying yet in a way serves as a warning, i´ve opened the radio checked the on/off button and it all seems fine, when i sometimes only raise the volume it jumps a few dtbl´s as well, where is the problem coming from as i´m not sure that even changing the radio will help.................

• Some of the early models in the US had a speed sensitive volume for the stereo. The faster you went, the louder it gets.

By the time we got to the 840 in '93/'94 it was no longer installed.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I guess that they decided that here in the US we shouldn't be listening to the radio anyway if we were going to go fast :D

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I just went and looked it up and the 94 and 95 models do have a speed input to the radio.

Thats what I get from relying on memory i guess :(

Curiously the '91 had both a tachometer / speed signal and an I bus connection to the body computer and the laters only have a speed signal.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Mine's also a 97 with the factory head unit upgrade (badged "Professional").
    This doesn't "jump" in volume - it increases progressively with speed.
    It is not proportional to revs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!