8 Series Car Computer - Where To Fit - Gathering Ideas

• Zitat von TallTony

Good Man. Now..... pictures please :D

On the way...

Zitat von TallTony

Btw, what is a Double Hill efect ? Is it 2 screens ? If so are you going to use the top two DIN slots instead?

The double hill effect, I mean this:

the "hill" for the instrument cluster, and a hill for the screen, deep so the sun can't get to it.

I would like to have two screens, so one can be at the bottom near the hand, for easy access to buttons and functions, and a screen at the top for gps/info etc.

Zitat von TallTony

I am on my way to finishing the first stage of the fascia mods and will post pics in a 'work-log' thread soon, maybe even today if all goes smoothly.

yes, please post as many pics as you can with the bezel. I don't have the heart to rip out the screen that I did for the E39 and use it here, it was way too much effort to do it! so I'm going to try to sell it to someone who would be able to utilise it in an E39, and I'll use the funds to buy me a new screen.

• I've just seen a new board in the works on digital-car.co.uk

here's the link to the thread. Of most interest is post #24.

This board is amazing as it can do a hell of a lot. Of most interest are:

- Accelerometer for 0-60 and 60-0 times, BHP and usable as a GPS dead reckoning device (for when gps signal is lost/weak)

- 2 RPM inputs (wheels/engine)

- 16 digital inputs. One of these is for the driver door, which along with the ignition switch, controls when the pc goes on and off (when driver opens door it can start booting)

- LIN-bus - should be applicable to ibus, need to find out more

- Light Sensor - useful for auto-dimming the screen brightness

The board is still in beta stages I believe but this looks like a real winner of my cash

• Zitat von Alx

Hello Martin,

That's a very neat solution, I am very interested to see how it's done!

Regards,

Hi ,
    done?
    Not yet (it's a prototyp :wink: )
    But here some new videos with the mod in my CSi

Video 1: standstill / rolling slowly
    15 MByte

Video 2 rolling after long standstill
    11 MByte

Video 3 cruising
    18 MByte

Video 4 fast driving with switching the MID from Oilmonitoring to Temperature measering
    52 MByte

• Hello Martin :)

I'm impressed! Looks like it's working quite well.

I'd love to do that on my car. Actually that's the only modification I would be willing to do on it, but I am not sure I have the skills to do that...

Let me know if you are coming around Geneva or if you know af an E31 Swiss Meeting, I'd love to come.

P.S.: I love your Becker Headunit

Regards,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!