"oil Pressure Low" Warning

• Hey guys, i just ran into an "Oil Pressure Low" warning on my 91 850i.
    Any recommendations as to what i can look for?? YES the oil is full! Is there an oil pressure sensor i can check? I'm hoping it is a simple fix cuz this does not look good. :(

• I had a 91 850 AT a couple of years ago that did the same. We put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on it and at idle the pressure seemed low.
    I thought it was time to go into the bottom end and start looking at oil pump, bearing caps, etc.

Before getting physical with the motor, we first cleaned all sensor connections, checked voltage, etc., even checked the wave forms with an o-scope, all ok). Reset and changed the oil and filter and added two cans of Restore (I know, you will laugh at this but we did).

The low pressure warning never came back on. The car seemed to run better than before. Sold it to my ex-wife's husband and he never had a problem either. Go figure.

Michael B.

• Hmmmm, ok. I just went back to the car and drove it, the warning has cleared and did not come back. So maybe just a freak thing?

Where can i find the oil pressure sensor so i can clean the connection??

Thanks!

• had the same warning after an engine cleaning. water shorted the oil filter housing pressure sensor inside the el-connector, and I got the alarm.
    When the water dryed the warning went away.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!