Videos - 850CSi 1/4 mile

• Elsewhere promised I would put some videos on YouTube.
    The better ones from the Santa Pod BM meet 07 are there now (3 in total).
    Plus one from an earlier meet.

Rather than post links to all the vids (and I may add 1 or 2 more later, including against an Impreza(!))......

Just go to YouTube and type in M80SPT in the search box at top of page.
    All my vids will be there, just choose!

Hoping these will have some general interest to you guys ??
    After all, where else can you see an 8series against (eg) a 635 or a 944 Turbo ......
    Elsewhere on YouTube (type in something like BMW Santa Pod) there are now a few other vids by other people of (mainly) the M3 E30 runs.

• Thanks.
    From memory, would say air temp was around 18-22C at both meets. Cooler temps in the morning (obviously). Stiff headwind on both occasions.
    Not sure how much effect air temp really has on times with standard(ish) road cars at these kind of meets.
    One of the problems at Santa Pod RWYB meets is the queuing for your run (and underbonnet temps). After each run, you go to the back of the queue again. At busy meets, the queue can be 200yds long !
    If you leave the engine running whilst queuing, underbonnet (and exhaust on the 8) temps can get pretty high, so most people leave the engine off and push the car (not easy on your own with an 8-series !) until you reach the front of the queue.
    This I did at the first meet, but the BMW meet queues moved quicker and had to run the engine most of the time in the queue.
    Didn't have much effect on times either way.

Track temp also doesn't have much effect on traction at Santa Pod as they spray the track with some kind of adhesive mix.

• Thanks again guys. Looks like perhaps quite a number of members did not see these vids when they were first posted ?

Honestly - these RWYB meets are a blast ! :twisted:
    Really gets the adrenaline flowing.
    Bit nerve-wracking at the start-line and on the lights (move very quick) but don't worry about your reaction times (to the lights), except in terms of who crosses the finish line first.
    The ET time that is recorded for the 1/4 mile does not include your reaction time. So, you can take your time at the lights if you want. ET time starts when your front wheel breaks the start timing beam.

Next year's BM meet, would be nice to see more 8s on the track.
    Come on guys - give it a go ?!
    Ok, we are all going to get beaten by some cars but who cares ? It's worth it just for the experience :D And the car show at the back was good too (plus the pole-dancers - just thought I'd mention that ....!) :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!