6 speed manual trans for 840

• I have a brand new 6 speed (S6S 420G) correct for 840 and 540 (E34) sitting with a friend in Germany.

I was going to do a conversion from auto to manual but have cash flow issues and need to seel

This could be handy for someone with a worn out box or for a manual conversion.

A rebuilt change over sells for $4700 in Germany so check around and make me a sensible offer. I can have it shipped worldwide

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• I am doing this very project Theo. I know your post only mentions the transmission, but I wanted to ask if you have gathered the other elements of the changeover and if they might be available as well. As a matter of fact just today I was going to place an order with my supplier for a friend that is doing the swap too. I believe most of the parts apply to our US cars and I would wait to talk to you.
    A cash crunch and an E31 don't mix very well....good luck to you with that.

• hi mate,

I did buy the rear tranny mount and I think I may also have bought a couple of the hydraulic lines. I am I Australia and all my parts are in Germany with Wokke (the guy who makes the famous engine management chips) so I would need to check.

With your US dollar being so lowly valued right now you might be best to buy from Gault BMW in New York.

Are you aware that most of the parts are same number as E34 6 cydliner and 540? You should grab a wreck and get all the pedals etc really cheap. Main cost is flywheel and clutch.

Let me know what you are after. Is the tranny of interest?

Also let me know where you are I will be on the west coast from LA to Vancouver BC for a couple of months
    Cheers

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• At this point I have a custom LSD built with the M-variable locking and Motorsport 3.45 gears in it. I made a fantastic buy on the M5 upgrade with the aluminum flywheel and uses the big 280mm CSI clutch and slave cylinder, along with an upgraded shifter setup. I'm poised right now to order all the remaining pieces for the hydraulics, driveshaft, and manual shift console insert (that leather gaiter and plastic snap ring are a pita to find!). I was hoping that I could help us both by taking the other less-costly-to-ship items off your hands. As you say, the weak dollar probably makes the transmission far too costly to be practical. I am indeed aware of the interchange between the E34's and it's interesting about your association with Wolf as I was going to contact him about the possibility of his reprogramming my electronics when the nuts and bolts are done. I'm currently on the east coast near NYC but could very well be in your area around then. At the very least it would be great to meet. Cheers

• when you talk to Wolf ask what he bought me from his local BMW dealer. I didn't make a list but he will know off the top.

The box doesn't owe me a fortune so don't discount it just yet. You might find that the cost of a used one and this one are not that far apart and the accessories go with it.

And this one has not been in a car!

If you want to call me my number is country code 61 area 3 number is 9872 5456. Our 7.30 am is approx 5pm New York time.

My email is tjhoffs@ozemail.com.au

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!