New battery probs....Help!

• Hi Im just in the process of getting my 840 back on the road after 8 months of standing, I removed the batteries and have fitted new ones today but I cant seem to disable the alarm which comes on each time I turn the ignition on, the ignition lights come on but the alarm sounds for about 30 seconds and then the indicators flash continually, is there something I have to do with the OBC to enable starting?

I hope one of you can help as Im having another try tomorrow, thanks in advance Mark.

• Do you have an aftermarket alarm fitted?

If not then disconnecting the batteries for several hours may give you a fresh start with the factory alarm.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Some aftermarket alarms (and later BMW ones) have a back-up Ni-Cad battery pack and if this goes bad it can give problems when reconnecting the car battery. Possibly, it might just be a stuck relay or just needing a reset for the alarm.

• Hi guys thanks for the advice, I havent had a chance to even look at the car yet and I havent been able to log into the new site till today! looks good tho :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!