question about bluetooth & stock hifi

• I would like to install a bluetooth handsfree phone solution, and would like to use a Bury 9060 ( http://www.bury.com/en/hands-f…tems/cc-9060/cc-9060.html ).

I have installed one in my wife's Audi, and it's great. The installation was pretty straight forward, as it plugged into the existing ISO conectors being used for the stock hifi.

Obviously my 840 doesn't have the benefit of ISO connectors, but I am happy to do a little cable splicing and connecting.

The Bury has an electronic box that interrupts the headunit's speaker signal and feeds in its output. I have read that the output of my BMW headunit puts out a signal that is a lower than speaker- , and higher than line output. And from another member here I read that for his Bury installation, a seperate speaker was fitted. However I would only want to use my car speakers, so can I fit a resistor to the Bury's output to make this work? If so, does anyone know what value?

And, is there somewhere where I can find what all of the pins/colours on my headunit are?

Thanks!

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• I have found this elsewhere on this forum

LF- BR/OR
    LF+ GE/RT
    RF- BR/OR
    RF+ BL/RT

LR- BR/OR
    LR+ GE/SW
    RR- BR/OR
    RR+ BL/SW

..which is good, though if there is a list somewhere of the pin numbers at the back of the head unit with their function (phone mute, switched 12V etc), that would be even better...

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• My question to you is have you spoken to the distributors?

Funny really I have just got off the phone with Dan Cross from The Cameleon Group about this as I want to put a 9096 in mine. 8)

Dan new that I would need an 'Audio' lead to enable the sound through the car speakers, as well as all the other kit, give them a call, for the advise.

Total cost to supply and fit £240 :lol:

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response; I probably feel a little disinclined to phone your guy for advice as I wouldn't be purchasing from him, so don't want to waste his time... I suspect by 'audio lead' he might be referring to adapters to change the BMW plugs to ISO and back? I wonder if he's aware of the weird 8-series head unit to amp setup (see above; perhaps worth mentioning to him?) Not taking away from his expertise of course; perhaps the Bury can indeed simply be spliced into the existing head unit to amp connection without additional resistors or any other mods; I hope so.

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• I don't really see the amp as a huge deal, it must either use speaker level outputs by default, or automatically adjust the input level to compensate, as you can install a standard aftermarket head unit and the sound works perfectly.

Assuming this kit has its own volume control, start with it as low as possible and gradually turn it up until it reaches a level you're happy with. It should work fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!