Engine Mods

• I am probably facing an engine rebuild as my car has started to use water , at the very least a head rebuild

What mods are available and who does them ?

and no the twin superchargers are out of my budget ...unfortunately

• No fun there, bud. I'm in the middle of just such an aventure, myself. Just got the word from the machinist today:valve -job, decking, guides, cleaning, ~$900.00. Parts $706.00 thus far. Me doing all disassembly, cleaning, assembly.

But, chin up! At least it will be good for another 100,00+miles.

Best of luck and keep us posted on the progress.

Regards,
    M.R.

• Now that is looking like a VERY big job. You should very carefully consider your options before you start. Any wear in the pistons/block will require re-sleeving, so you may as well go to 6.0 litres, or a new block as it cannot be rebored. The bottom end is pretty indestructable so you are unlikely to need mains and big-ends so this can be left alone.

If the heads are coming off, the engine should be removed first.

Performancewise, there is little to be found in those heads so a standard quality rebuild will be sufficient, possibly with some CSi or Schrick cams, and some honed intakes but don't expect too much. A good heads rebuild with seats etc done will give you more power, but only back to as it was when new.

8Tech.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!