Wanted: V8 inlet manifold

• Does anyone have a spare manifold for a V8? It doesn't have to be from an 8, any of the larger M60/M62 V8s use the same manifold (4.0, 4.4 and 4.6) so the E34, E32, E38, E39 and even X5 (ugh!) are all suitable donors.

The interesting thing is, I could buy a wrecked 740i for a few hundred pounds and grab the manifold from that, before selling all the other parts to recoup more than what I paid, but I don't have the space :roll:.

• FYI There is an internal difference between early and late (97ish) manifolds.

There is a pipe inside leading the fumes from the non return valve in the back directly to the throttle body in the later version. The earlier version just opened the valve into the back of the chamber.

I have one of each but neither is a spare--sorry.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Thanks Terry, I'll look out for that. Interesting that the BMW part number doesn't change during this time, perhaps the newer part can be fitted to older models with some modification, hence the part number superseding the original.

Have a look here.

Cheers
    Paul.

• I've just had another look at the diagram here, and I suspect you refer to part number 11 being inside the manifold. It appears that this is removable, hence the manifold itself being identical on M60/M62 models.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!