• My mate has just bought a 840ci which has a original BMW phone built in. It says CHECK CARD. I presume this means insert a sim card. But where does the sim card actually ago.

• Hi,
    there are two options, either under the phone itself* or in the boot behind the drop down panel on the left. Turn the twistkey until you can open the panel, it will fold down revealing the telephone unit and possible an amplifier depending on the equipment in the car. The 'phone unit has a slot to take the phone card. Note that you will need a full size card meaning don't break the sim card out of the credit card size piece of plastic it comes with. I fitted my car with a pre-paid card just to see if the phone works which it does, quite well really considering it's steam age technology compared with modern phones.
    * I have never seen this variety so I can't tell you more, you can surf this site for instruction booklet images though.

Good luck

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!