Wiper blades

• Hi guys, I'm goin' all out on the posts today!!! :devilchilli:

I need to get some new wiper blades and I've read through previous posts etc re: replacement options. Might just get them through BMW however therefore given I'm fairly daft when it comes to this kinda stuff, I just wondered if someone could confirm I'm about to order the right things! I want 2 new wipers. Am I correct in ordering parts 2 and 3 from diagram below? Have also attached the link to the real oem parts website for description below. Thanks again :top:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/sho…&btnr=61_0900&hg=61&fg=45

• Thanks Wayne - would it be the norm just to replace the blades? I think that's all I really want to do to be honest - the arms etc are all working fine so the blades just need to be renewed - does that sound right? Thanks

• If you don't mind roughing it with the chavs and the pikeys, you could risk a trip to Halfrauds, They sometimes have the right Bosch blades in stock - you can ignore some of the holders as they're not much cop but the blades can be swapped to you proper OEM arms.

Cheers

• !! Halfrauds! Yea, I normally would only after reading all threads on wiper blade issues and replacements, it seems that anything bar the real deal, seems to throw up some issues - such as your own Koizumi! I've heard some are not long enough on passenger side and the issue of not touching the windscreen. I've to order a few bits in from BMW tomorrow so as long as they don't break the bank, I'll get 'em :harhar:

• wiper blades.....

do mine need replacing ? at urban speeds (less than 40mph or so.... 20 pass schools and Aston car dealerships :) ) my wiper 'knock' or 'flap' once at the very end of the down stroke. It is intensely annoying and I'm only ever reminded of it when I get caught out in the rain. Above 40mph the noise disappears, which assume to be the pressure sensitive nature of them and the downforce created by the arm's design.

Their performance seems ok, but something isnt right obviously. Anybody cured this by simply changing blades ?

• I got the rubber blades today from BMW (came to EUR24 - about 16 sterling for the two). Put them on without any hassle and they're working perfectly. Nice to have new ones; the old ones were a bit worn. Job done!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!