louvered bonets alpina style

• send me a PM Argonaut.

I would like to know what Engl charges, and can he do a complete respray of the car?

I have no problems driving to Germany to have this done.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Guys. Please , I wasnt being critical of Thomas's work I said in the post that when time permits I intend to get one , infact I have already discussed with the bodyshop I use a new date in early 2010. If a group of us want them from the UK then why do we not club together , hire a transit and drive out there We can deliver the replacement Bonnets and collect new ones:winkwink:

• Looks a top job there Jason and I'm glad you're happy with it overall. You went the route I'd want to take with the shallow NACA duct detail. Seems much less fussy than the working one with manifold cutout, etc. I've never seen any stats on how much benefit a working one provides to the intake runners, but I'd sure like to know.

• Zitat von rcrad6653;67451

Looks a top job there Jason and I'm glad you're happy with it overall. You went the route I'd want to take with the shallow NACA duct detail. Seems much less fussy than the working one with manifold cutout, etc. I've never seen any stats on how much benefit a working one provides to the intake runners, but I'd sure like to know.

Actually the NACA duct is a working item too, Thomas created a ducting piece that is fitted underneath and I previously bought one of his acoustic hoods that has the cut out similar to the Alpina original. I have not fitted the acoustic hood, I'll post pics when I get around to that.

• Zitat von Rob750;67444

Guys. Please , I wasnt being critical of Thomas's work I said in the post that when time permits I intend to get one , infact I have already discussed with the bodyshop I use a new date in early 2010. If a group of us want them from the UK then why do we not club together , hire a transit and drive out there We can deliver the replacement Bonnets and collect new ones:winkwink:

hi Rob; you can buy the vents from ENGL and have a UK shop fit them into your bonnet.

• Zitat von Rob750;67444

Guys. Please , I wasnt being critical of Thomas's work I said in the post that when time permits I intend to get one , infact I have already discussed with the bodyshop I use a new date in early 2010. If a group of us want them from the UK then why do we not club together , hire a transit and drive out there We can deliver the replacement Bonnets and collect new ones:winkwink:

Relax Rob, I didn't think you were being critical anyway - as you pointed out, viewed from above the louvres do look like slits cut into the bonnet. Ref doing a job lot of bonnets, it's not as easy as that as Thomas would need time to prepare, manufacture, fit etc. If there is interest in more pruchases I'm happy to help on the translation/interpretation side as Thomas doesn't speak English. If there's interest out there then maybe let me know and I can talk to Thomas and see how the land lays.

Cheers,
    Jason

• Zitat von koenig dave;67460

hi Rob; you can buy the vents from ENGL and have a UK shop fit them into your bonnet.

Does anyone know how much he charges for these?

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• I think the vents look great, but wont they let the rain in to the engine compartment, especially when parked? Or is there drainage? No one seems to mention this so might be a silly question.

Wouldnt want pricey bits getting wet.

• Zitat von Rob750;67598

But what does 600 euros buy , the central vent I assume

What a strange assumption to make Old fella:rofl:

A Exchange bonnet fitted with louvres painted & fitted is circa Eur 1800 or so I was informed so I recon Eur 600 is very good for a pair of hand crafted vents:harhar:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• as far as I know, the GBP 600 is for the louvres. Thomas lists the centre duct as a separate item so if you like, I can ask him for you. The price I paid was similar to the EUR number mentioned above but this also included painting to match. Bear in mind that the cost for the complete bonnet à la Alpina is on an exchange basis.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!