My 8s on Photo shoot

• Zitat von TallTony;61202

Jud will be hopping mad at you swapping the seats :laugh:

It is one's prerogative to do what one wants with their 8er. In this case, there were 25 M62 840CiA RHD built with a similar Lotus White interior; the only difference among them was piping and the remaining interior (either black or light silver grey). Here's what was installed in the Velvet Blue car before the swap:

Z1XX Upholstery

• Following items are in leather Nappa lotoswhite (code 2 250 829):

[INDENT]

• Front and rear seats
    • Head rests
    • Upholstery middle part
    • Inserts in the doors and Rear side panels (processing such as BMW 850 CSi)
    • Bezel instrument panel below

[/INDENT]

• Quilting yarn white lotus (1 963 127), code 0102 Z.
    • Sewing thread lotus white (nb 1 966 487), code 0102 Z.
    • Piping on the driver and front passenger in blue ink Walknappa (No. 2 423 380)
    • Rest as for interior Nappa leather, black, Schl.Nr. M5SW

For all other Lotus White interiors, see attached chart below.

Based on the build sheet for Steve's recently acquired M70 850CiA, this swap made a great deal of sense because of the similarities and ease of transfer without a lot of brain damage.

Steve is an honest person and reveals his actions to potential buyers, so to whomever ends up with his Velvet Blue car will probably secure a nice deal since there were no Velvet Blue 840's with a black interior.

So, please, I'm not upset, on the contrary, I am amused with Steve's ongoing creativity. Steve is a unique individual that knows what he's doing and that's okay. To each his own.

Now, I issue a challenge to Steve's creativity: There are several 850CSi's for sale in the UK, given the right price, could use some of Steve's magic. Frankly, I hope Steve focuses on one of the rare ones, including the "back-on-the-market" Fjord Grey 1993 850CSi with the rare Silver/Black leather interior (see other thread, bottom post).

• Zitat von TallTony;61402

Hi Jud, I was just pulling you leg ;) and I'm sure you knew that anyway :top:

I still think Steve should disassemble both sets of seats and make 2x CSi style two-tones :rofl:

Surely that would be the Liquorish look:rofl: or should I say Bertie Bassett:rofl:

Just jealous you understand Steve got to love the lotus:cool:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• I agree with Lloyd the Bertie basset look would be ridiculess, Tony come to your senses Man & behave for goodness sake, any way good to see you have regained some 8 series based internet time:cool:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!