Classic insurance

• The intention was to get my 840 back on the road for the summer (after a well earned winters rest in the garage) and was dreading insurance quotes :ahhhhh:to run a second car with zero no claims on a second insurance.

Turns out my 1995 840 is now a classic!!! and I can run it fully comp for the sum of £270 per year.... The only condition is a 5k mileage limit... which is fine by me. (£720 normal fully comp!)

Unless they have changed the rules, I thought a classic was 25+ years, The young gent at Adrian Flux insisted it was now 12 years for a classic....

Bring on the first of June :driver: happy days.

Regards

Nicky B

• If you have another car registered in your name then it's cheap. Despite the fact that i only do a couple of thousand miles a year (as I go to work on the train) my other car is registered in my wife's name and I couldn't do it :(. I pay £450 but i've got lots of no claims and am almost as old as Jesus.

• Nick the other family car is in my name and I am the registered owner and lead insurer. However I have had a second car in my name for some time and like you I too am old so that means I pay £3?? for a chelsea tractor (wifes car) and £212.13 (just renewed this morning) for mine. All fully comp with all the bells and whistles! So not bad all round:devilchilli:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• As a matter of interest, what excesses (compulsary and voluntary) are you paying to get your premiums at just over £200 pa.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!