I've Changed my mind[again]!!!

• Look forward to seeing you Steve at Gaydon anyway who knows what tomorrow brings

However having read this thread I felt I just needed to say whilst I understand all that you have said for me the 8 is not just about speed, if it was I would buy something else too. For me its still the smile it brings to my face and many others, the unique look and the fact that you just dont see them. We take the speed for granted just anyone who give a lift too after they get out. I have now had mine for nearly 3 years and its not any differant from any of the other on the market in fact the mileage still upsets me (155K:oops:) That said I am still happy to put my hand in my pocket as its current trip to the painter proves and I eagerly await its collection prior to Gaydon.

Anyway thats my 2 pence worth:driver:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von Benji 840Ci Sport;67892

well done steve on the sale! new owner will be very happy with that one!

if i had a choice on block transplant it would be the new E92 M3 V8 with a Milltek full system.

I'm told that the Alpina tuned M62 engine would be a pretty easy swap, but getting the Ecu from the Alpina to configure the 8's systems may be something else:hmmmm:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat

I'm told that the Alpina tuned M62 engine would be a pretty easy swap, but getting the Ecu from the Alpina to configure the 8's systems may be something else:hmmmm:

mmm...someone should setup shop providing re-worked ECU's & Looms for engine transplants...as its mostly electric issues that hinder people from block-swap.

upgrading the brake system / suspension setup / steering dynamics / diff gearing / and 'box would cost a pretty penny too...

so best stick with your idea mate...mine would be frightfully expensive!!!! :ahhhhh:

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!