I've Changed my mind[again]!!!

• OK I drove the 8 again today, the new Wokke chips have settled in nicely,but I'm afraid to say she is still a 2 ton heavyweight & feels bloody slow in comparision to my B10 alpina which I'm hoping to sell soon:hmmmm:

There in lies the problem:ahhhhh:Whilst the 8 looks all show biz & glitzy it is just TOO slow for the return of substantial lack of fuel economy all of this I know only to well, The Alpina will easily attain 23/25 mpg/ has the capability to reach 180 mph but doesn't seem to attract the same interest as my 8.

That is something I shall have to live with as I have recently decided to market the 850 & no turning back:hmmmm:

Why Oh Why did I buy a Alpina, It's totally ruined me for anything else.

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• B10 is an outstanding car. One of my favourite pictures is of a drifting B10

Here its is:

I can understand why you have the dilemma. The 8 is gorgeous but is a lardy.

You need the 8, alpina and a caterham or something and then all the bases are covered.

Back in the real world though. A B10 is a pretty awesome toy and being understated is very cool in its own way.

• Zitat von NickF;66878

You don't sound convinced to me... There are lots of faster more frugal cars, but they aren't 8s.

I'm not 100% convinced ,even my mrs says I'm mad but this keeps happening every time I drive the 'pina'

This is the Beast that has constantly ruined my love affair with the 8:help:

• Zitat von Radron;66882

Swap the pina for my 8 and then you wont have to worry anymore :)

My real problem is that I've run out of space having converted one of my garages into living space, there is insufficient space any longer for all of the familys cars.

I'd like to sell the house, but lets face it that aint goina happen just yet in Gordon 'chuffin Browns 'Credit crunch', so i thought shift a car/ make a bit of room not knowing how severely this credit squeeze has slowed everything up.

I'll just wait & see what developes:harhar:

• Out of interest have you ever driven the CSI? Perhaps purely the increased torque would give the more performance feeling you are looking for. I dunno personally, still havent got an 8 of anysort myself yet, but there is no way any 8 will be as fast as the last 3 cars Ive had/have. I'll just have to try to accept that!

• Pah!

You need more 8ers!

That´s the only way to solve your dilemma. Ignore the lousy E39 everywheretobefound and enjoy what is precious and splendid - the E31.

My B10 is a quick and quiet and generally a "better" car than any of my E31 but guess what. It hasn´t been cleaned inside or out for 3 yrs.
    Why?
    Because it is rubbish and not worth it. :lol:
    It is just a hideous and rusty, boring and bland common 5 series. What is this to compare to the most gorgeous and one of the greatest commercial failures BMW ever devised?

Sell your 8. You´ll be back. (You know this already)
    Sell your B10. You´ll never look back because the B5 has all this and tons more. Bet you - the coming up F10 will even be better and you´d drop the B5 like a hot stone ;)

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Reinhard is right Steve. My last car was an e36 evo and while it was a 'better' car than my rusty 8 by conventional thinking (much faster, very economical, much better round corners, more room inside, newer, etc) it was essentially a nasty e36. I don't miss it at all. I don't know what it is about the 8 but mine has got me by the pods that's for sure. I just paid the best part of a grand on a new exhaust for a car that's barely worth 2 or 3k, it makes no sense but I seem powerless to argue with my car. Accept that your 8 owns you and sell your 5 series. Good luck mate.

• Zitat von NickF;66891

Reinhard is right Steve. My last car was an e36 evo and while it was a 'better' car than my rusty 8 by conventional thinking (much faster, very economical, much better round corners, more room inside, newer, etc) it was essentially a nasty e36. I don't miss it at all. I don't know what it is about the 8 but mine has got me by the pods that's for sure. I just paid the best part of a grand on a new exhaust for a car that's barely worth 2 or 3k, it makes no sense but I seem powerless to argue with my car. Accept that your 8 owns you and sell your 5 series. Good luck mate.

You've got the bug for sure:top:

I've been down this road just a year ago, then regretted the decision to sell., but after 6 years of ownership of various 8's this could be the Crunch!.

I currently have 7 vehicles at home 3 of them mine, but i don't use the 2 cars untill the weekend so it's bit of a no brainer to let one go.

I bet the 8 will sell quicker than the Alpina?

• And that is why God created.......................................The CSi :driver:

• Zitat von Job38;66897

And that is why God created.......................................The CSi :driver:

....Another 80 bhp, manual transmission with improved steering and suspension might just be the difference you are looking for...

• ...think steve might be running a temperature.

keep both the 8 and the B10...or sell the B10 and swap it for a M3 CSL or something...but KEEP THE 8!!! the 8 is special...B10's are to common and mainstream to be special. Very decent cars as you say, but not special.

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• Steve, you my friend must never ever buy an M car, then you are truly F'ed.:laugh:

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Let me think....

Boring looking 4 door run of the mill mass produced car against a true classic in the making. If not already!!

I think your bloody mad. 5 years time the rust would have eaten that baby mobile away and the 8? Looking gorgeously resplendent and IN YOUR FACE built for the purpose....

Nuff said.

PS I won't ever talk to you again... :mrgreen:

:top: Wrong finger by the way....

• lol at past posts! nice one boys.

the 8 is an individual automotive work of art...not a performance masterclass.

dont sacrifice it for what it "isnt"...keep it for what it "is".

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• Are you mad?

Keep the 8 you will regret it..... this one looks more stunning than the super charged one... can't believe you want to sell it!:banghead:

Sell the Alpina get a 330d Sport for the daily hack, more economy (45mpg) and still some go, the 8 might feel faster then! Or buy a 4.6 Range Rover and the 8 will feel like warp factor 9 and so frugal! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And any way speed is objective, we can't do much more than 100 without real risk to the licence. The 8 is a true GT not a sports car or an upstart!

My neighbour says he wishes he had the money to buy the cars I have.... he loves them, when I pointed out that all three cost only a few grand more than his 2 year old Golf GT he was gobsmacked..... keep 'em all you know it makes sense :top:

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• Zitat von stevep840;66879

I'm not 100% convinced ,even my mrs says I'm mad but this keeps happening every time I drive the 'pina'

This is the Beast that has constantly ruined my love affair with the 8:help:

And i quote:-

"After another 2 weeks of workshop time:roll: she's now back & looking resplendent:smile: Springs/Bushes & brakes totally re newed, I'd be a fool to sell her now:wink:"

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: :stickyman:

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

• :stickyman: Gaydon maybe

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!