Need some advice

• Took my car to the body shop to get wet sanded they left the lights on and the batteries went dead. The problem I am having now is when I try to lock the door with the key the button goes down but the door does not lock. I can open and closae the windows from out side the car. I tried to reset the computer by disconnecting the batteries of the car but no luck. Any advice anyone can provide is appreciated.:top:

• If you are trying to lock the door using the key, then it's a mechanical process. If the door lock-pin goes down, but the lock doesn't engage, then it could be a broken linkage betwen the door key mechanism and the actual lock catch, lower down.

• If the door handle is being slightly pulled while you lock the car, the lock pin will go down but the door will not lock! A terrible mis-design in my opinion, so there's likely a hardware issue somewhere inside your door. This could have been there before the bodywork.

It's most likely due to the door handle cable connecting to the inner door handle.

That's all I've got :)

• I check the mechanisms all is intact the trunk locks when I press the door button. When I get home from work one evening I am going to take it apart and put it back together if not schedule an appointment @ the dealer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!