Bulb type in the HID kits sold by Al a while back...

• Thanks, I had a hunch that they were the ones, but couldnt remember. I did then check on Realoem to find out.... as I should have done before posting I guess, but appreciate the reply.

I also like the kit, and hope that it is just the bulb that is gone, and not the ballast. I guess hitting the tree in my drive wouldnt have helped, but there is no sign of damage. How sensitive are these bulbs ?

Also can some one recomend where to buy them from.... ebay seems to have loads, but I dont really know what I'm looking for spec wise and cant find the instruction booklet from 2 years ago to check.

cheers
    Tony

• I have a load of standard width ballast's (4 x 35W and 2 x 50W) if you need one Tony. I'm working on using twin slim kits as I hope I can get these installed stealthily inside the buckets so if you need a ballast you can have one of mine.

• I'm not too sure how sensitive these unit are. There is no filament after all, it would be gas escape from the bulb or contact damage to cause failure.

You could try swapping bulb then ballast between left and right and check the results

• well this is weird. The Lights work now, but only for about 2 - 3 minutes, then the NS bulb goes off. Turn the lights off and on again and the they both come on, only for the NS one to fail after a similar time period.

Whilst ON, no amount of fiddling with the connections makes it go OFF, so it cant be that. The bulb clearly works, and so I'm inclinded to think the ballast is shot at ??

What do you reckon ?

I might have to take you up on that kind offer of a spare ballast Jason if that's ok. Are they pretty much universal in there fitting/connectors/power output ? :hmmmm::hmmmm:

• Much oddness occuring with your lights there TT, I suspect the ballast is dead or at least, not very well. The symptoms sound as though the problem might be temperature related - once the ballast warms up a bit it fails. Just a theory.

I think the ballasts are pretty much standard fitting, the nice kit you got from Al is the same as the kits I've bought which are made in the best possible quality in the Middle Kingdom. If you PM me your mobile number I'll send you a MMS with a picture of the connectors etc.

Cheers,
    Jason

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!