• Just found out my car cover has been stolen off the car!

Absolutely gutted. Girlfriend just told me she woke up and it is missing. Very surprised as I live in a decent area and park my car in a secure residential car park. Obviously not that secure!

Had the thing tied down to all four wheels too. Damn, that cover wasn't cheap either. Specially built to fit the car perfectly too so wont be much good on anything other than another E31.

I'm certainly going to keep my eye open for it on any nearby cars!

What is the world coming too?

:banghead:

• On thursday night my daugther woke me as someone was trying smash my windscreen for some crazy reason, they broke 2 in the road before I chased them of in the snow in nothing but a pair of jogging bottoms in the snow at 12pm:motz:My car was parked on my drive and I live in a private cul-de-sac:motz:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von Lloyd;71756

On thursday night my daugther woke me as someone was trying smash my windscreen for some crazy reason, they broke 2 in the road before I chased them of in the snow in nothing but a pair of jogging bottoms in the snow at 12pm:motz:My car was parked on my drive and I live in a private cul-de-sac:motz:

Did you catch them?

• Sorry to hear about your woes chaps.

I used to own a e36 evo and some little sh*te kept coming onto my drive and stealing bits. I lost indicators, then side strips, then my entire rear bumper... I then installed an alarm with motion sensors so they then took my wing mirrors. The only upside was that it got me into the 8 series as I assumed scallys wouldn't want bits from an 850, I was right!

I live in a nice area, this kind of cr*p really makes me want to leave the UK. I used to live in southern California and there was virtually no crime like this as you'd get your head blown off (rightly).

• Sparkles, have you used a car cover before? I used on last year, as yours, tailored to fit the car exactly and well secured. However, with high winds there was the inevitable movement which resulted in small abrasions on the paint work. It took me hours of elbow grease to polish them out. This year I made sure I had given it a really good polish before the bad weather and then I'm going "naked"!

On the matter of theft - my work colleague had her house in Daventry broken into, everything of any value stolen, including jewelry and Christmas presents and all the keys to the house and her cars, but didn't steal the cars. She had to have the cars dragged onto a removal truck (they couldn't open the cars to take off the hand-brake) so they could be carted off to the main agents to have the locks replaced - a two week turnaround time. What were the "toe rags" playing at - to come back at a later date to steal the cars?

And, my son had his apartment broken into last weekend, again anything of value, TV, PC etc was taken.

This country has gone to the dogs! Sorry - getting political, but it is so infuriating when we work hard for our luxuries and pleasures only to have a social free-loader help themselves, usually causing damage and disruption in the process.

Happy Christmas everyone!:winkwink:

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Zitat von NickF;71793

. I used to live in southern California and there was virtually no crime like this as you'd get your head blown off (rightly).

Damn right! If anybody tries to mess with me, my family or my cars, they will pay dearly :top:

• Hi guys,

Yeah I have been using the cover for almost a year now and It has been great. It was a cover by covercraft europe, the weathershield.

Has never caused me any problems and only once I noticed a tiny abrasion on the corner of the boot lid when it was on in high winds. Wasn't a concern though as it soon vanished with all the polishing I tend to do in good weather.

All in all was a great cover, never scratched the car, water repellent and breatheable. She will be sorely missed.

Scared to get another one now as it may just be nicked again!

http://www.covercraft-europe.c…athershield-hp/index.html

:(

• I too have a tailored cover but when I put it on in the summer because I was out the country for a month the local cats used it to sharpen their claws which resulted in a scratched nose cone. Having had it repainted in the summer I dont want to have a repeat so its in the shed for now.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Hey sparkles!

Sorry to hear about your theft! Someone broke into my 3-series on boxing day, and they stole...

A box of peanut brittle. :dontknow:

Don't look at me for the car cover, I don't have the 8er anymore :mrgreen-angel:

Nice to meet u briefly in passing, I'm sure I'll see you about!

James.

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

• Peanut brittle.........Amazing!

That is definitely worth some jail time.

Cheers, It was nice to meet you also. Albeit really weird when you meet internet acquaintances!

I will keep an eye out for the Z8, would love to get a good look at one of those.

All the best for the new year

• Hello everyone from Paris France,:winkwink:

Yes peanut brittle it is peanuts!
    It is really weird sometimes and misunderstandable how come people act that way but i can assure you it happens everywhere throughout the world! As you say we keep our beauties in good condition and we try hard and some stupid b*****ds ruin it within a minute! At a parking lot or anywhere just because they are jealous. that's the way it is!:dontknow:
    Hoping you find another cover. Thanks for the link anyway it might be useful...:grin2:
    Best wishes for 2010 anyway:top:
    Fabrice:driver:

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!