• thx Alex
    Ill tell them to check
    the back wheel is a very tight fit
    I just wonder what will happen when the AHK kicks in
    because it is a CSI with the back stering
    cheers
    Jeff

• No problem...

With the rear it is so difficult to gauge the right tyre as it has said before on the other thread the sidewalls are different between tyres and also the offsets.
    From memory my 9.5j rears have an offset of 21.5 and I run a 285/35r18 but the gap between tyre and arch under suspension compresion is barely 5mm. No AHK on mine but you can have a 15mm offset up to I think 25mm. So tyre choice and brand is critical in some cases....

Good luck with getting it all sorted, you will have a big grin on your face when it's done and forget about the troubles....

Alex

• Zitat von bm840ci;72528

Ive just bought a set of M6 lookalikes for my CSi
    but on fitting they are hitting the struts
    the supplier has sent me a set of 10mm spacers to fit behind
    Is this an acceptable method of fitting wheels
    Would appreciate some advice
    Cheers

Hi!

What do you mean wh M6 lookalike?
    Parallelspeiche Styling 37?
    Remember, there are also Alloys for 5-Series (M5-E34and 5-series E39), look as the same,
    but are totally different in all significant measures!
    E34 uses: ET20 front and ET22 rear; E39 uses: ET 20 front and ET 24 rear, all Parallelspeiche Styling 37 in 18"

Be sure, that you bought the right Alloys,
    Wheels without the rubber are fitting only from Model E38/ 7-series,
    here you can use a wide spread of different designs, most in 18 inch Diameter.

See some Pics below:

You´ll see Kreuzspeiche Styling 5 in 18"' Pic#4, it seems to be a larger one is with 7-series-Tyres! Alloy´s are really same size!
    Kreuzspeiche Styling 5 is available in 17" also in 18" - here you see the 18"-version, mounted on an 840ci in Tobagoblue, in Front staying the 7-series rubber pendant
    The Millimeters ET are ET20 front and ET22 rear(in 18"-Version!), we uses 245/40 and 265/35 both R18 - no Contact with any Parts of Car
    Tyresize in 17" have to be 235/45 and 265/40 rear R17; Millimeters of ET are by 8x17" ET10, by 9x17" ET19

17-inch CSi, M-SystemII (Turbine Styling 21) Picture #one, Tyresize 235/45 front, 265/40 rear, both R17, ET is 8x17" ET10 front, 9x17" ET19 rear.
    The M5-E34 uses ET20+ET22!

and the later CSi 18 inch Parallelspeiche (M-styling 37) in two different finishes (brushed, Foto#6,
    or glas pearled Foto#2+3, Detail in #5)
    Tyresize: 245/40 R18 front; 285/35 R18 rear; The ET is ET13 front and ET25 rear (Alloy similar to E38 7-series, but not the Rubber!)

Here are existing twin-sisters for 5-series! You will find it easy on its ET:
    E34-M5, 3.8liter uses ET 20+22; 5-series E39 uses ET 20+24 (for Touring not allowed because of Touring´s higher Load)
    These Alloys does NOT fiton an E31-8series!!!

The 7-series on Pic#6 has only a different Tyresize: 235/50 and 255/45 R18 - these Rubbers are to big for every 8-series!!!

Please let me know, what kind of Alloy you mean, I´ll try to help you

Cheers, Max

• Brushed Styling 37

Here you see a detailed Pic of the brushed Version of Parallels.
    The scratches you see are factory made!
    Picture No:4 is a detailshot of the glas pearled area of Version "pearled" - its costs are regular plus 39,-€...

Cheers, Max

• The M6 alloys have all the wrong offsets and will only fit with spacers as you have found. You will find that whilst looking fine and clearing (eventually) they WILL degrade the handling causing all the wrong scrub radius, excessive tramlining and increased wheel bearing loads. I personally do not like spacers but the thicker they are, the worse it all gets. IMHO 10mm is the maximum using 10mm longer bolts.

8Tech.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!