• This is "the real deal", #81/97. I cannot see whether this is a RHD or LHD car. Kees´ archive has known the car for a while and also knows that it was imported to the UK in 1999 seemingly through today´s seller. So there is some likelihood that the seller forgot to mention it has the steering wheel on the wrong side ;)
    Is the car worth 36 grand? To find out, someone needed to go there and be overwhelmed by the condition to make it worth that much.
    So: who makes the trip, takes a few pictures along with the BMW VIN under the wiper?
    B12 5.0 came up maybe only twice or three times last year over here. Most of them have been spoken for in the past and are now in "collector´s" hands - I do not remember a single one being sold for that amount of money here. Mid to high twenties (EUR) seem to be more or less the limit for a car in "good" condition. 66K mls (if not kms) is pretty low though for a near 20 yr old car.
    Do not mix up this pricing with the 5.7´s - mad prices do not exist for them. Anything goes. :harhar:
    Cheers
    Reinhard

• :winkwink: It´s a LHD, had a phone call 2 minutes ago, it was Rod, the owner...:mrgreen:

I´ll get all information we need, VIN etc. and new pics at the weekend.
    He´s more than cooperative, he just want´s to sell it because "other women have nice daughters too".

He told me a story of a guy from the states, Arizona or so, who wanted to buy the car some years before, the name James Smith seemed to be familiar to him.

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

• Zitat von reinhard;72921

To find out, someone needed to go there and be overwhelmed by the condition to make it worth that much.
    So: who makes the trip, takes a few pictures along with the BMW VIN under the wiper?

The BMW chassis number is already known: CB10383 (D110081)
    Production date: 24-Mar-92
    Colour: BRILLANTROT ( 308 )
    Upholstery: SCHWARZ LEDER (0226)
    Market Version: Germany

This car was last for sale in 2006 and was thought to be sold at that time. The seller provided pictures of the BMW chassis number in 2006 to the Registry and was reconfirmed on-site by a potential buyer.

The Alpina Registry Agent (Kees), myself, Reinhard, and others are working behind the scenes to document the B12's, including matching BMW chassis numbers with the Alpina chassis numbers:
    http://www.8coupe.com/about1.htm

Zitat von 8Harry8;72961

He told me a story of a guy from the states, Arizona or so, who wanted to buy the car some years before, the name Jud Sencer seemed to be familiar to him

There's a lot more to this story. Based on your conversation, including the mangling of my last name (grin), the seller did not sell the car in 2006, however, his price way too inflated for the 2010 Alpina/8er market: 36,000 GBP (per converstion rates at xe.com as of 2010-01-26)
    - $58,119 USD
    - 41,292 Euro

He needs to go back to the price he entertained in 2006 and start his marketing process from scratch.

There's a big difference between Arizona and Colorado --- namely 54 mountains over 4,267 meters in elevation in Colorado versus mostly desert in Arizona with some mountains.

• ;) Sorry Jud, must have been the excitement of beeing a new member here.

But he really didn´t remember where you came from, Colorado or Arizona :cool:

The car ran about 40 Tkm the last 11 years, there´s some work left to do too(new exhaust required).
    Okay, the seller makes the price and I won´t post this on an open forum untill we have the news about Alpina B12 5,0 81/97 ;)

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

• Zitat von 8Harry8;72967

Okay, the seller makes the price and I won´t post this on an open forum untill we have the news about Alpina B12 5,0 81/97

I recommend to everyone as a courtesy to others that participate at 8er.org to avoid re-posting any information shared from 8er.org at other open forums (e.g. Bimmerforums) unless that author is okay with it. This is a private forum for 8er owners.

Yes, you're excited to join 8er.org, and we share a passion for the 8 Series, however, respecting one another is important. Just because the seller told you I was interested in buying the car doesn't mean that I wanted that information publicly shared (hint) and then have people email me about this car wanting to know why I didn't buy it: that puts me in a tough spot.

Please remove references to me at Bimmerforums about this car.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!