Pause before power comes in?

• Zitat von 8Harry8;75890

:winkwink: Andre

hardest part of the work is to get the special srews opened and it´s nothing for awkward people...

Hi there Harry. This will then be something I will do this summer. I dl the file from wuffer and will see how it goes from there.

• Zitat von Fatandre;75889

Those of you who have cleaned the DK? Is it hard to clean?

Most pdf guides are pretty easy to follow, but there's a big difference in how detailed they are. Only thing you gotta be careful with is not pulling out the whole commutator when pulling off the black metal housing. I used some wooden chopsticks I had laying around and put them in between the DK and the housing to keep the commutator in place while taking the house completely off. A few people also go as far as cleaning the gears inside the DK. I did not do that as I didn't have any noticeable problems before I started to clean them anyway.

For the tamper proof screws there might be some different types out there, but I used a small saw and just cut a slot for a regular flat screw driver. Took me about five minutes and it came right off. Then I took the screw to the local hardware shop and got some identical screws with a regular head.

Edit: It might be a good idea to buy some replacement gaskets for the DK -> Intake manifold. Mine felt like stiff paper and one of them broke in two. They cost like 2$ each.
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/sho…&btnr=13_0180&hg=13&fg=15

• I think that's the regular bolts. There are three regular torx bolts and one tamper proof.

By the way. The hoses that are connected to the DKs were a pain in the a** to get off my car. I tried to heat them off, but no go. Ended up cutting off the end of two of them so I could just get the DKs out of the engine room. That made them to short to re-fit again, so I had to go off and buy some new hoses as well.

• Andre, I've dismantled 3 DKs that had the tamper proof bolts. All bolts except one came out fairly easily using a good pair of pliers. I had to cut a slot in one of the swines but it was pretty easy too. Don't let the bolts put you off. I had an occasional EML light that went away after I cleaned the electrical contacts inside the DK, but I regret not going the whole hog and re-greasing the gears. I will revisit this over the summer. As Trono says the vacuum hoses will be welded to the DKs so buy some new hose, 1m will do both sides. http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/11727545323/

• Well, it seems like I've got to the bottom of it:devilchilli:

After speaking with Schnitz i decided to get my hands dirty.

The 1st thing I noticed was that clip holding the large induction hose to the throttle body was less than finger tight! after removing the AFM & other hoses so that I could get a good look at the TB butterfly I noticed another small pipe with an open end?

Throttle bodies appeared to be in good working order so I reconnected the AFM & pipe work & finding the hole to plug in the small pipe into that was previously disconnected:top:

while hands were dirty, I noticed that the gearbox oil was clean but quite low, topped up & off for a drive.

Gone is the pause before power, resulting in nice smooth power delivery with very smooth gear changes.

Needless to say , I'm quite pleased:harhar: & I can only wonder what the bill may have been should I have booked in with a Dealer/Stealer:hmmmm:

One more big thank you to Alex for his knowledge at the end of a phone, cheers mate see you soon, Ill bring the beers;-)

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840;76050

while hands were dirty, I noticed that the gearbox oil was clean but quite low, topped up

Good on ya fixing the one problem! In case you haven´t done before topping up pls read the following excerpt of the repair manual:

In case you had the engine off whilst checking the oil level you will probably have to remove some now lest it removes itself ;)

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Thanks Reinhard but were OK at this end:harhar:

I started the car ,selected reverse & slowly back then using all forward gears , stopped & left to idle in P position topped up & enjoyed the drive.

Thanks once more Sp

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!