dash board cleaning.

• can any one tell me what cleaner/product to use to bring back the new look shine to the dash board and internal door trims. is the dash board leather? and should yoy treat it the same as the seats.:winkwink:

• The dash isn't leather and similar to the seat backs, uses vinyl. Personally I'm not a fan of products like ArmorAll. I use a very light coating of Pledge to give a slight sheen after cleaning, but I would never use this on the leather seats. That said, I had an interesting conversation with Guido in Germany regarding MID repair. He is seeing a vast difference in what's necessary for repair of units originating from the US vs elsewhere. US units are needing complete circuit boards and have severe degradation of the internal ribbons, and others do not. He is coming more strongly to the conclusion that particular cleaning products used on the interior are accelerating and causing more damage related to the pixels issue.

• I've been converted to the use of 303 Aerospace Protectant:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/303-Aero…ports&hash=item3a53d7d3f1

It gives excellent results on vinyl, it is especially good on the parts that are affected by sunlight (dash top, centre console) and heat (engine covers, radiator cowls). The great thing about it is that it isn't sticky, it gets rid of fade on sun-bleached plastics as well.....

• as timm on this, i use 3 products for interior vinyl/plastics; 303 aerospace protectant - can also be used on leather, and swissvax protecton and protecton matt.

regards,

Benji.

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!