Low dust brake pads

• Hi Guys

The novelty of washing my wheels every 5 mins has now well and truly worn off.

I've got Axxis Deluxe pads on my 535 and I'm very happy with them, but they're not available for the 840.

Anyone got any recommendations for low dust pads for a 97 840 sport with the Brembo's up front that are available in the UK.

Cheers
    Jin

• Maybe in the UK OEM pads are low dust, but I have found they are anything but.... to the point I won't use oem pads anymore. Currently on my custom setup I'm using the Brembo pads they offer in their Gran Turismo kit, and Hawk HPS in the rear. Quite a dramatic difference.... the Brembos are no better than OEM for dust and they groan on the rotor... wheel is your: dirty-after-5 minutes thing, and the rears with the Hawks stay dust free for a good long time. I'll be matching the rears ASAP.

• Thanks for the replies

Im trying to decide between EBC redstuff and Hawk HPS - which are available in the UK.

I just wanted some opinions - anyone running hawks on the front or redstuff?

how do the brakes feel compared with normal?

• Zitat von rcrad6653;77549

Maybe in the UK OEM pads are low dust, but I have found they are anything but.... to the point I won't use oem pads anymore. Currently on my custom setup I'm using the Brembo pads they offer in their Gran Turismo kit, and Hawk HPS in the rear. Quite a dramatic difference.... the Brembos are no better than OEM for dust and they groan on the rotor... wheel is your: dirty-after-5 minutes thing, and the rears with the Hawks stay dust free for a good long time. I'll be matching the rears ASAP.

Apparently the wear sensors don't fit on the pads - what did you do? can you leave them off i.e. unplugged and rely on inspection to detect wear?

• Jin, I could have gone the extra step to use a Dremel tool and cut the sensor notch in the pad but I didn't. You can't simply leave the wear sensor unplugged as I did at first because it needs to be plugged in to complete the check circuit, otherwise you'll get an error nag on the MID. Just wrap the wire pigtail around neatly and secure it in the plastic sensor cradle, and all will be fine. I'm up under my car enough that I will certainly be able to monitor wear and besides, the pads have the standard mechanical prongs for wear detection.

• Hello Fatandre
    I bought the Wagner Thermo Quiet brake pads from ANH AUTO PARTS (ebay). These are wonderful do not need to wash the wheels of 250 km and it was very quick delivery from U.S.

• Zitat von Pelle;79417

Hello Fatandre
    I bought the Wagner Thermo Quiet brake pads from ANH AUTO PARTS (ebay). These are wonderful do not need to wash the wheels of 250 km and it was very quick delivery from U.S.

Just had a quick look, but it seems that the heavily profiled surface, only leaves you with about 2/3 as working area on the pad. I can see how this would help to reduce squeaking, but usually some copper-grease on the back of a standard pad will work too.

I can't comment, though, on the reduced dust.

• Update:

The new generation EBC Redstuff went in today - I'm not 100% sure what they replaced but they were very very dusty.

initial thoughts are that the stopping power is very good - again not sure what I had in there before but the pedal feel is much better and I can really modulate the brake force quite easily.

Will report on dust levels soon

• Ordered EBC redstuff today. Are there slots for the wear-sensors on them? If not...no big deal really ;)

• Zitat von Lerbrekk;89127

Ordered EBC redstuff today. Are there slots for the wear-sensors on them? If not...no big deal really ;)

Yes there are but I must say that although they are very good at stopping, they are not very "low dust"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!