2011-06-17..19 - NO - International meeting in Norway June 17th - 19th 2011

• We would also like to extend our thanks to everyone involved esp. Egil & Terje making this meeting a huge success and extremely enjoyable. It was an outstanding meeting which we had great joy attending to. Not only have we been able to put more than 2500 kms on the clock :harhar: but also met a large number of 8er enthusiasts all sharing the same passion. I can´t remember an 8 series meeting with this much 8er talk looking back for a long time.
    The choice of sights to be seen was nothing short of amazing and in combination with the summerlike weather (where necessary) made for truly unforgettable moments.

Pictures all clickable for higher resolution

We started out to see the moons´ total eclipse in its dying stages on 15th.

First day in Stavanger - really interesting old stuff in the aircraft museum.
    Tons of dials and buttons in a Convair 440

This is a method that would have helped the M70´s camshaft oil lines greatly ;)

... a museum overview

... same time, outside

The Stavanger oil museum - what makes Norway one of the richest countries in the world:

Master cleaners Pt 1

Friends in Dubai, now reunited in Norway, 2x 98/99 Platinum 850Ci

This is how Norwegian guys organize a meeting ;)

Narrow parking on the ferryboat across the Lysefjord

Master cleaners Pt 2

Jealous yet?

Pulpit rock, some daring to look over the edge into the void

Approaching the Lysebotn camp site and looking back along the Lysefjord

Colourful lineup in bright sunshine

Volvo PV444, Scandinavia´s best selling car in the 50´s and 60´s

Lineup at the Eagle´s nest

Great turnout of B12´s (1/40th of the total production ;) )

Looking down from the Eagle´s Nest to the camp site

The Eagle´s Nest from below

Enjoying the site and sights

A farewell to Norway

We´re looking forward to meeting you guys again and... THANKS!

Rainer & Reinhard

• Jobbit (hard work)

You should have received the price Daniel. I only washed my car one time. And not the inside of the rims. Had a very nice drive over the mountain with german alpina guys. What a weekend. Hope to see you all soon.

• I have been following this topic since the beginning with a lot of jealous feelings inside of me. After I' ve seen the pictures I hated the distance and visa requirements once more. I'm really considering of buying an 8 car in Germany and keep it there for this kind of meetings. Flying there is not big problem as I'm an airliner. I don't know if it is possible with Turkish pasport but I' ll really look for answers. Buying an 8 for reasonable price is the smallest part of my wish I believe. I' m wide open for any ideas :)

• On behalf of the whole Danish delegation (my wife and me) :grin2:, I would like to thank everybody, especially Terje and Egil, but also the rest of the participants for this extraordinary successful event, making my first encounter with the E31 community such a memorable experience.:top:
    Incredibly that you can keep on leaning about new features in these fantastic cars:hmmmm:
    Hope to see you all again sometime in the future:driver:
    /Bo :winkwink:

• Hi Guys

Same from France.... Big Big Big Thanks to you Terje and Egil for this fantastic week-end we spend all together.

Pictures are on Facebook so for those who wants to become friends type "Club BMW 8er France" and you will find us ;-).

See you soon.
    Regards.
    Fabrice and Antonin

Antonin TEYSSIER
    A votre écoute et de bonne humeur ;)

Président
    BMW Club Serie 8 France

Secretary
    BMW 8er Club International

• Zitat von fabrice;89911

yes 2 liters less of fuel consumption:devilchilli:
    Fabrice

WOW, that's a lot. So keep driving :driver: and you'll see your ROI quite soon. :laugh:
    Dave and myself drove close to 4000km in total and my car had a fuel consumption of 12.7L/100km average. Lowest I got on one tank full was 11,48l/100km.
    Some pictures of the fantastic scenery will come later. I just arrived yesterday and need to check my pics first.

Cheers to all of you
    Wolf

• Zitat von dennis320;89894

I have been following this topic since the beginning with a lot of jealous feelings inside of me. After I' ve seen the pictures I hated the distance and visa requirements once more. I'm really considering of buying an 8 car in Germany and keep it there for this kind of meetings. Flying there is not big problem as I'm an airliner. I don't know if it is possible with Turkish pasport but I' ll really look for answers. Buying an 8 for reasonable price is the smallest part of my wish I believe. I' m wide open for any ideas :)

You could buy one and keep it for free in my garage if you leave the keys :harhar: ( would prefer an Alpina then ) ha ha :laugh:

Regards
    Terje

• Actually.... Fabrice behaved for a few hundred km´s behind me acting as a roadblock and was forced to bite chunks out of his steering wheel instead of using his Liberté to go 200+ on Danish roads. This will likely have made some difference to the way up :lol:
    We had an average consumption of 11.5 for the lot covered which is actually very nice given the ups and downs in Norway.

:winkwink:
    Reinhard

• Zitat von reinhard;89922

We had an average consumption of 11.5 for the lot covered which is actually very nice given the ups and downs in Norway.

:winkwink:
    Reinhard

next activity on my car will be "upgrading" my engine with black powder coated intakes, have the valve covers redone and main reason for all this is, that I want to replace all the hydro lifters, check banjo bolts and cam timing. On the cam timing I'm prepared for some serious offset since the car has 230.000km on the clock now. I doub't that I'll ever be able to compete with your mileage but this is certainly due to the much better engine you have in your car, right?
    I'd love to drop in a M73 engine but as long as the M70 is running strong it's kind of hard to justify.

Cheers
    Wolf

• Zitat von Adrian;89877

It belongs to our new member toreb

Barbardosgruen metallic 247 Barbardosgruen leder colorline 0488

• WOW, indeed a great picture. Thanks a lot for that.
    Luckily my car isn't that orange though in real ;)

• Zitat von wokke;89933

mine even reads 39,9l/100km after a reset :laugh:

I had more ones: 40L/100K !:rofl:

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!