2011-06-17..19 - NO - International meeting in Norway June 17th - 19th 2011

• See invitation at the bottom if this post.

On June 17-19th 2011 the Norwegian international E31 meeting will be held.
    We will continue to update this first post so that this is always up to date with the latest information.

The program is nearing its completion and many of the events are booked.

The main area for the meeting is on the south west coast of Norway, around the city of Stavanger.

We have made arrangements to stay at Gjesdal gjestgiveri roughly 20km south of the Stavanger center. Located in Ålgård along the E39 (main road).
    See prices below.

Friday morning at 9.30 we intend to first go to the Aircraft museum, this location may prove to be a good photo opportunity.
    Entry will be covered by the pre paid "Meeting fee"
    http://www.flymuseum-sola.no/sider/hoved.html
    Sola Aircraft Museum

After a few hours we will go to Stavanger city center and park outside the Oil museum and visit the museum.
    Cost is covered by "meeting fee"
    http://www.norskolje.museum.no/

After that there will be some time off where you may roam the city of Stavanger for a few hours.

We will return to the hotel and have dinner there about 8-9 in the evening.

Saturday morning at 09.00 we will drive back to Stavanger city center and load the cars on a ferry where we will embark on a 4 hour guided fjord cruise through "lysefjorden" where we will end up in "lysebotn".
    The ferry will be paid by the individuals on the terminal.

Upon arrival we will drive up this winding mountain road and park at the restaurant at the top, nicknamed "the eagles nest".
    For those interested we will walk up the first mountain so that people can enjoy the view, this is not a long walk, perhaps 15 minutes.
    After a while we will walk down and have dinner at the restaurant.

After dinner we will drive back down and spend the night at "lysebotn camping" where we will stay in cottages, tents or what you may choose to spend the night in.
    Here there will be plenty of time to line up the cars and take a close look at each others cars.
    This evening there will also be a barbecue with possibility of some drinks, and just enjoy ourselves and get to know each other even better.
    There is a huge possibility that we will see base jumpers jumping off the mountain during the day.

Sunday we will drive up the mountains and through the valley of Sirdal we will return towards the main road that will take you back to the Denmark ferry I assume most of you will take back home.

We are also thinking that if there is an interest and someone stay behind we can return to the hotel and arrange a trip to the "pulpits rock" but you should be aware that this is a 1 hour mountain hike.

After the meeting we could also do an unofficial trip up the west coast viewing some truly spectacular scenery if there is any interest.
    We can also cross the mountain and drive towards the Capitol of Oslo.

We are open to suggestions so let us know if you are interested in that

An updated map of possible travel routes

And a map of the area the meeting will be at.

You see the city of Stavanger as our starting point, the red line is the Fjord Cruice and the destination is the red dot.
    The yellow ring indicates the area where the scenic drive will take place on Sunday.

The blue line is the return route down from the mountain which can be combined with the return trip home for those who are leaving on the ferry from Kristiansand to Denmark.

A link to information about Lysefjorden and Stavanger in German
    http://www.fjordblick.com/reisetipps/rogaland/lysebotn/

http://www.fjordblick.com/reisetipps/rogaland/stavanger/

INVITATION June 17-19th 2011:

Meeting Fee of €50 pr. person to be prepaid to me or Huldra66.
    This will include lunches Friday and Saturday, entry fees for the museums ect.

Hotell from Thursday to Saturday morning will be paid by the individuals.
    Prices are:
    -Single room incl. breakfast 859Nok (aprox 110 Euro) pr. night.
    -Double room incl. breakfast 495Nok Pr. person (approx 60 euro pr. person) pr. night
    -Dinner at the Hotel Friday evening will be paid by the individuals.

Ferry to Lysebotn (4hour sightseeing) will be paid by the indivituals at the terminal, price is 400Nok for car/driver (approx 50 Euro) and 200Nok per person (25 euro). price may change (lower).

Accomodation in Lysebotn, is paid by the individual.
    Here there are several LIMITED options with varying standard, prices from 230Nok (30 Euro) pr person to 850nok pr person (110 Euro).
    You can choose from 1 to 6 beds a room/cabin.
    We need to know what you prefer and there are only a few of each avaliable, late entrys may have to share a large room.
    This is a camping, so it is an option to sleep in a tent if you bring one, approx 25 euro (2 persons) If you really like to experience the Norwegian nature.
    First come first served !!!!

Dinner at Lysebotn will be covered by the individuals.

All booking will be handled by Terje and Myself, you do not need to contact the hotel yourself.

I would like to mention that our reserved hotelrooms and the camping reservation expire on May 1st.
    After that both the hotel and the camping will open up all avaliable space for normal customers.
    So for those who are interested please sign up before May 1st or we cannot guarantee you a room.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• We will be there!:top:
    Gerrie & Dick:winkwink:

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• Additional information based on questions from the same thread on Bimmerforums

Prices and a more detailed program will follow if there is enough interest.

A rough estimate is:

Hotel in Stavanger area is about 100-120euro a night for a double room, however we will try to get a discount at one perticular hotel

The aircraft museum I believe is about 5 euros to enter
    The oil museum is 10 euro
    We may be able to get a group discount at both places.

The guided ferry trip (4 hours) is 50 euro for car+driver and 25 euro for passenger, the guide speaks English and German.
    The ferry holds 65 cars and we can make reservations for the whole group.

The camping is 30 euro a night pr person.

There will also be a small extra food cost, but we expect to keep the cost down as much as we can.

So far we are looking at about 245 euro pluss food for two persons.
    If we make it a 3 day event there will be an additional cost for an extra night.

We will not do much driving, people have been driving quite enough just to get there so there will not be a major fuel cost, if you have a full tank the first morning you should probably be fine until you are back in Denmark.
    The focus will be on social events and the driving will be kept to a minimum only driving to photo shoot opertunities near by.

From the Denmark ferry that arrive in Kristiansand it is 250km to Stavanger.
    There is also a ferry from Denmark to Stavanger, when we went to the Nedelands in September that was about 200euro each way, this takes all night and that was included a cabin and the buffet.
    Fuel price is currently 1,59 euro pr/liter.

I have heard that there is a ferry from the Nederlands to Bergen, but I have not been able to find any information about this ferry.
    From Bergen to Stavanger it is a 5-6 hour drive including 2 ferries.

There is also a ferry from the UK (Newcastle?) to Stavanger.

The program is in it's very early stages so we may make a few changes, however the fjordcruise and the camping is the main event.

What we need to know is if we should go for a 3 day event starting Friday.
    If so we could spend Friday in Stavanger, where we could do the museum(s) and then give people the opertunity to freely walk the city for a few hours, and do the fjordcruise Saturday.
    There is only 1 ferry a day and that leaves at 10 in the morning from Stavanger.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Hello Egil and Terje,

your meeting proposal is very interesting to me, not only to meet you personally, but also for visiting the southern parts of splendid Norway - and this way completing the impressions of our year 2010 Alpina and 8er North Cape Tour.

Regarding the travelling distances, a 3-day-meeting would be preferred. (Or an individually extended journey to visit Oslo, too.)

But sorry, first of all, date of year 2011 Alpina and 8er Tour has to be fixed, and later on I'm able to continue this theme.

Best regards:

Armin

• Give us the dates and we may be able to make adjustments.
    Norways holiday season is from July 1st to August 1st so we would like to avoid that time.
    The last weekend of June may not be the best, Stavanger hosts an annual beach volleyball tournament and that may cause issues with getting enough rooms at a hotel at a reasonable price.

I also believe a 3 day event would be preferred if people are to travel this far.

An extended trip would be to travel further up the west coast and then cross the mountain and drive down the east side of the country to Oslo.

We have some interest from the Nederlands and Sweden and of course other Norwegians.
    We would very much like to see other countries join in as well.

So far the program appears to look something like this.
    Friday.
    -Aircraft and/or oil museum,
    -free time around the city
    -photo opportunity at locations near Stavanger.

Saturday.
    -Fjord cruise
    -dinner at the top of the mountain road.
    -focus on the cars during the afternoon at the camping.
    -getting to know each other during the night.

Sunday.
    -Drive up the mountain and view the scenery.
    -need to plan further events.
    -return home for those who want too.

If there is an interest we can make arrangements for some mountain trips.
    The two main sights are the "pulpits rock" and the "Kjerag" rock wedged between the mountains.

The climb to the pulpits rock takes from 45-90 minutes depending on your physical state.
    It' is worth mentioning that your legs will not be of much use the following evening and next day.

The climb to Kjerag is 2 hours each way if you hold a good pace, however I would not recommend that. Last time I was there it took us 5 hours up and down and my legs were useless for days.

There is a picture of pulpits rock in my first post.

This is the kjerag rock.

This rock is wedged between the mountain and standing on this rock (1,5m across) there is 1000m straight down into the fjord on all sides.
    So if you fall down there is plenty of time to think about it on the way down.....

To visit both places within a few days is virtually impossible unless you are a top level athlete.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Hello Egil
    Please do not use the weekend of 24-26/6, it is a sacred holiday for all the Swedes as we celibrate.
    I look forward to this meeting in your beautiful country.

• Norwegian meeting

You are doing a great job guys. I really hope many norwegians "wake up" and join the meeting. Could be years to next one in Norway if this meting will be aranged.

• We prefer also 17-19 June.....:winkwink:
    We hope/think that we will come with 7-8 cars.:driver:

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• Still checking some things, will keep you updated.

Expect a more detailed plan to emerge within the next months.

Due to the interest we have received we will have a meeting June 17th-19th 2011 in Stavanger, Norway.
    Mark the date :)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Noggie;83262

Still checking some things, will keep you updated.

Expect a more detailed plan to emerge within the next months.

Due to the interest we have received we will have a meeting June 17th-19th 2011 in Stavanger, Norway.
    Mark the date :)

Exellent that date is booked:top:

• Updated first post with new information and the latest updates on the program.

More to follow.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Daten-Salat;84167

Thanks for the update! Programm is very attractive. I guess I'll travel from Roland's Luxemburg meeting directly to Norway. I'll try to activate some other B12 friends for this trip.

Best Christmas wishes to all Norwegian 8er enthusiasts:

Armin

Great :top: will you come one or two persons in your car ?
    We hope to have the Norwegian B12 there as well and think at least two of them will be present, one 5,7 B12 and one 5,0 B12, did speak to the owner of 5,7 B12 - 022 and he will try to get there and we have the owner of 5,0 B12 - 087 just a few km away so expect him to be there.

Possible that some Swedish with B12 will be present as well
    So with some luck it could be a Big B12 meeting on top of it :devilchilli:

Regards
    Terje

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!