Do you know this 850csi?

• Can you help?
    I recently bought a damaged 850csi. It has accident damage on the passenger side front.
    The car is showing 86,000 miles and I managed to get a history print out from BMW which confirms this.
    I have no intention to put the car back on the road and bought for parts for my own csi.

Car is Oxford Green and has 18" Alpinas. Vin CC88146, Original Reg was M585 STF but now is MCF116X.
    Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.
    "eldavehell@aol.com"[/email]

• If you know an E31 that is publicly for sale or if you own the car, you can always request more information about the car at the BMW 8 Series Registry - 8coupe.com. The registry has build sheets of all E31 and has over 6000 E31 archived with pictures, sales ads, online discussions,... So there's a chance the registry has more information about your parts car as well.

Anyway, the current 8coupe.com registry agent is one of the founding members of this forum, reinhard, and will probably reply to this thread or get in touch with you via private message.

• Zitat von arnie;88737

Is this the one that was listed on eBay a little while back?

Yes, I bought the csi after seeing it on ebay. I already own a csi so took a punt as it was being sold as a non runner.
    The guy selling didn't know much about the car and had never had it running as he'd never been able to open the boot (no batteries) Don't think he'd even managed to open the bonnet!
    After fitting a couple of batteries donated from my other car the damaged csi started first time and all electrics worked!!!!!!!! The dash showed the mileage to be 86,000 and it had half a tank of petrol. Engine is beautiful
    I checked with BMW and received a printout of the cars history/visits (24) to BMW since it was new to just before it was damaged. The mileage is correct.
    I was hoping someone here in England might remember the car? Also curious to find out how the damage happened.

• Zitat von Jud;88738

Yes it is.

Reinhard is alerted to this posting and hopefully the original poster (OP) will follow up with the Registry Volunteer Team at www.8coupe.com, register the vehicle, and then make a request via the Contacts page for the catalog archive.

We do have information on file for this 850CSi.

I have 3 8 series, 2 csi and an 840ci Sport can I register them all on www.8coupe.com?

• How badly damaged is it? The bonnet looked ok and the damage seemed to be limited mostly to the left wing, with possibly some chassis distortion in that area.

The interior looked to have a deployed passenger airbag, but otherwise seemed in nice condition from the pictures.

Perhaps it could be put back on the road??

Don't know exactly how much you paid for it in the end, but even just the parts value of engine, gearbox, various control units etc, must add up to significantly more.

I must admit I was very tempted by it, but like you my drive was already occupied by one CSi and one 840ci, and for me another would have been pushing the good-will of my wife.

Anyway, I'm very happy that it has gone to another enthusiast.

• The damage is all on the passenger side corner, the wheel has gone up and back into the foot well causing bulkhead damage + the chassis is bent on that side. Would need to be re-shelled so not worth doing Imo. At first I thought the passenger air bag had been deployed but it wasn't, it had been removed to survey the damage. I'm thinking no one was in the car or at least not in the passenger seat when the accident happened hence no air bags deployed. It's a mystery? The car was obviously well looked after and would have been one of the best 8's before the accident. I'm stripping it slowly, keeping some parts and selling some. Just want to know how it got damaged?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!