manual trans

• ok its been a while but now that ive got the 850ia up and working after 3 years of breaking down, ordering parts, fixing and a bill of 6000usd to boot...... i still havent givin up:top: so now that im actually driving it i feel i need a little more pick up speed from the heavy brut. Since i got a little more coin to spend miraculously!!!! im thinking of switching to a manual gear box at a cost of 1500usd (used) and i get to keep my original auto gear box.
    And maybe, maybe later if i like the power difference, i might install the LSD from the M5. but i wonder if u guys think its good money spent?

• Cheapest you can go is shell out a few hundred to Wokke who is going to hand you a set of chips which, as it seems, entirely change how the car feels. The software inside not only modifies and optimizes the fuel mapping but also alters the response of the gas pedal in a fashion that you do not need to floor it anymore in order to get the pig moving.
    This is in a similar vein that BMW employed for the CSi S/K settings.
    Cheers
    Reinhard

• thanks for ur advice guys.
    as far as wokke chips are concerned: oh wokke oh wokke oh wokke!!! u should have charged me more money for them wonderful chips;-). they honestly solved a few problems i had related to the fuel mixture.
    NOT forgetting the power difference which is impressive:top:. i didnt try the car on the highway yet so i dont know if they will affect the high gearing just as well as the first and second gears. will storm the highway soon:driver:and find out.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!