CB57001 - a 1989 survivor

• Zitat von reinhard;93226

Cheers
    Reinhard

From the glossy shine on the suspension turret, it also appears that the under-bonnet paintwork is lacquered, which is unusual.

Also there is normally a production-date sticker on one of the turrets (?)

• Hi Tim,

Thanks for your kind comments! The car is in fine condition having covered 61,000 miles from new with Full BMW Main Dealer service history (last service in June this year at Soper BMW of Lincoln). It has every MOT certificate from it's first one in 1995, original invoice, handbooks etc. I recognised your name from your website which I found very helpful when I had a few 750iLs! Best regards, Tim.

• Cb57001

Zitat von Timm;93203

Really fascinating reading as usual Reinhard. CB57001 looks in fine fettle, better than many of the '99 E31's I've seen - and fully optioned as well.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your kind comments! The car is in fine condition having covered 61,000 miles from new with Full BMW Main Dealer service history (last service in June this year at Soper BMW of Lincoln). It has every MOT certificate from it's first one in 1995, original invoice, handbooks etc. I recognised your name from your website which I found very helpful when I had a few 750iLs! Best regards, Tim.

• Thanks Reinhard, great read as usual:top:

Having CB57121 myself this was all the more interesting, I note that mine is almost exactly one year younger:harhar:

The build sheet for CB57001 shows option 298 being Turbine style wheels but the photos show cross spokes like mine. Could this be one of the anomalies?

Cross spokes are much nicer :vroam:

Cheers
    Graham

• Not sure about the UK but over here weather dictates the choice of wheels, so most people using their cars throughout the year have 2 sets of wheels/tyres where the winter wheels normally are the "not so nice ones".

Having said this - a more than fair percentage of 8ers was equipped with this 2nd set of wheels in cross spoke design because they were a lot cheaper than the forged S298.

Nowadays nearly no one uses the E31 during the salt season anymore and hence an abundance of 16" rims was flooding the markets in the past years and could be had for next to nothing.
    S298 turbine wheels can still be bought new (they have been on closing out sale for ages now) directly through the BMW Munich dealership for a measly 129 EUR a piece (just over 100 GBP, both sides available) - see e.g. Ebay 180623072084. Back in the day they cost an additional 1435 DM if ordered with a car, this is roughly 750 EUR (630GBP) on top of the 16" cross spoke rims, so they were a quite pricey (and the only) rim addition back then.
    Even if cheaper today than in 1990 they still do not look all that great :D

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Earliest CSI ?

Zitat von koenig dave;93205

great read. the last csi, where in the world is she?

What about the earliest Csi ?

Looking thru Csi:s in Sweden I found VIN CC00003, registrated as year 1993 and imported from Germany 1998, any information ?

Regards
    necesse

• Indeed CC00003, built July 23, 1992, is the oldest known CSi still alive.
    It was for sale from April last year in Sweden.

We have no knowledge about the three preceding CSI´s CC00000-CC00002 which were built as prototypes during Feb/Mar 1992. Two of them were equipped with EDC (not available for CSI´s later on) and also two of them with S522 Xenon light which never made it into the series production.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• 1989/1990 BMW 8 Series Internal Sales Training Video!

Hi guys,

Just bought an old 1989/1990 VHS tape from Ebay which was given to BMW dealerships to train their sales staff on the 850i (Reinhard I'm sure you will have seen this!). The video mentions the tyre pressure control system which they claimed would be released in mid 1991, but I understand it never made it to the production car?

I'll try and get the video converted to DVD for anybody who is interested.

Tim

• Oh yes that would be very interesting , :top: actually a VHS would be even better as i just installed one of these old AKAI VHS machines in my garage, had a few of these stored and found out i had to get one of them working :laugh: gues some of you still remeber them , actually this one is 30 years old already

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!