Active Members: 999

• Lots of valid points being made.
    I too like the idea of a free shop front area to welcome and entice new members.
    I would like to see this including topics covered so visitors could see what's likely to be inside.
    I also would be happy to pay for access to the detail and to keep out those who might spoil things if it's too easy.
    Basically - as long as we keep going :)

• Just agreeing with the sentiment of UK Zeros post. I for one, have made very little input to the forum. My'technical'knowledge of the E31, extends to a quick polish every now and then, plus the ability to fill the washer bottle so I really don't have a great deal to offer on that subject.
    However, I am incredibly enthusiastic for the marque. Attend 'meets' whenever I can, including breakfast clubs and the Classic Car show at the NEC, raising a bit of cash for Sporting Bears.
    Without the knowledge of one member on here, I would've been forced to spend the best part of £1200.00 to rectify my 'instrument' problem. For that, and that alone, I can only offer my heartfelt thanks!
    Anyway...drifting off tangent.
    I do find the layout a tad confusing but perhaps thats because I dont delve in to the inner recesses too often.
    If there is any way to pay an ANNUAL subscription, then I would be only too pleased to assist. The ONE off payment sounds a bit excessive but ears are open.
    I also have, for my sins, a Mazda Bongo [ Dont laugh] camper thingy. They have a great website called http://www.bongofury.co.uk which offers a great mix of technical and commercial pages. I pay an annual fee of £25.00 but included in that, get a monthly email, with new password and a small 8 page club magazine. They also have an annual get together [ not interested!] plus arrange european trips [again not for me!] All in all a well run and commercially viable site.
    Anyway..If anyone wants handy washer bottle refilling tips just pm me!
    All the best and thanks a million to all concerned!
    Steve

• wow... now we are getting where I wanted too with this thread.
    And as Jud said..... keep your opinions coming.

And even if you don't feel that you can contribute technically, make a detailing thread, or a thread about a meeting you attended.
    Could be so simple as having two e31's in your drive because a friend drove by.
    This will keep the forum alive.
    There is more to this community than just keeping the car on the road.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Great eye opening thread Guys, must admit I don't post much these days[was once the highest poster before the merger]due to the low traffic levels but as Egil has said If we can get back to' how it once was' refering to the less technical threads the post count will definately increase:top:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von Noggie;95114

wow... now we are getting where I wanted too with this thread.

There is more to this community than just keeping the car on the road.

I can almost feel your sense of excitement:winkwink:

This topic has certainly encouraged a few heartfelt comments and they have touched on many of the different concerns that people have. I am more of a reader than contributor simply because I do not have great technical knowledge but I relish the opportunity to contribute when I can.

For me, the forum is firstly about being part of a community and the technical tips are a bonus. It was said earlier that the community is mature and courteous and this must be preserved. Personally, I would not like the forum to be available publicly although I agree there should be something tempting to entice new members. I recently had my posts removed from the BMWCC forum when I discovered it was public; the 8 series section has about as much action as the "Carlsberg complaints department".

If it comes to needing £ support just let it be known.

Cheers
    Graham

PS (I don't think you have misspelled a word yet Egil):)

• Zitat von Nifty50;95126

PS (I don't think you have misspelled a word yet Egil):)

You should hear me speak... you'd think I was from your country.... Birmingham actually... and I've never set foot in the UK in my life.

If we'd hung out for a few hours I'd probably pass for someone from Sussex as I adapt all the time.
    The only one I can't do is Australian.
    Scottish is a bit hard, and I lack a bit of speed in my Irish.
    American is easy, and I have a wicked redneck dialect.

My default English is "born in Birmingham and spent some time in London" though.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Wow never tough that this tread would have triggered that amount of interest.
    But are very happy it did and that so many have ideas and toughs about hove we should develop into the future.:top:

Even had a few newbie’s commenting and that’s just great.

Seems like we almost managed to keep up the momentum with 999 members as well and also seems to be quite high traffic lately
    Can we call this a boost ??

I have a few points myself on the topic.

1: Keep in mind that this forum is a "Gentleman’s" forum compared to a lot of others, and we all have a responsibility keep it like this in the future.

2: Our goal, the one and only true International Club/Forum.

3: To grow I would like to see our start page before signing up to have a bit more information about what to expect once in ( just as a read only and not the closed club site) , today if you don’t know better it seems like there are a very limited amount of activity there.

4. To help each other out as best we can to keep our loved cars running in good shape :driver:

5. Meetings, Meetings, Meetings.

Regards
    Terje :winkwink:

• Just a thought from an E31 numpty. Would it be easier if there was only two sections in the location area.?
    Perhaps Main discussion for pretty well everything and then Technical for all techie related questions and answers.
    Seems to be so little activity in the other sections and perhaps if all was lumped in to one, it would generate more discussion..

Just a thought...shoot me down!

ETA Also what about putting the Meetings section in the Main discussion area? I for one very rarely even go to that section but not sure about others

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!