Rust a silent killer (of metal that is!)

• I've got a roll of 8mm microbore copper tube in my workshop that's used for heating
    I guess they use a cupronickel alloy for brake lines as pure copper may be too soft to safely handle the pressure.
    Stainless is anything but soft - if anything, the way it work hardens I'd be wary of using it for fuel lines in an exposed position. No real knowledge here - just thinking out loud :roll:

• I have been looking on the net and 8mm copper line is a common fuel line used on kit cars etc and is available in 10 & 25m rolls for a good price. Its also easy to work with. I would be interested in the thoughts of Gerry.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• CuNiFe (copper-Nickel-Iron) tubing is recommended for brake lines. Not pure copper, as this has a lower fatigue life. This tubing is used by Volvo and Porsche as OEM.

For fuel lines and hydraulic lines, you could use copper (CuNiFe), stainless or coated-steel. However, Copper is the easiest to work with, but I have read in a few places that there may be issues with fuel reacting with the copper. However, in many old cars fuel lines were usually copper.

http://www.copper.org/applicat…hydraulic_brake_tube.html

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!