When is it too far?

• If it helps get rid of uninsured drivers, then I have no problems with it. Sadly when they are caught, the inevitable 'slap on the wrist' ensues.
    Perhaps we would be better off addressing the credit hire insurance scams that business seems to condone. Couple of years ago, one of my daughters, was stationary at a roundabout, when a pillock hit her from behind at about 5mph. Cost to repair the car [ with a value of £5000.00] £4000.00. Cost for car hire £10250.00!!!! For all others theres Mastercard

• I agree with you Sandwich, the only problem I have with the scheme is that it attempts to shift responsibility for enforcement onto persons that are not qualified to bear that responsibility, nor equipped adequately to do so, it's another example of policing duties being farmed out to others. As the Mirror report states, the forecourt operators don't want to take this on and I can well understand them.

What needs attention in the UK (IMHO) is the culture of whiplash claiming. As just one example of people taking advantage of the system with the result that everyone pays - insurance costs for cars in the Uk have risen dramatically recently, whiplash claims is one part of the reason.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!