random ASC

• here is something for you to think about guys.
    the ASC light comes on sometimes at speeds between 100kms to 120kms. it cuts power for a second then all ok. plus when i reach 155kms the car always hesitates till it passes 160kms. its as if the fuel is dirty and its trying to spit the dirt out. once past 160kms its a bomb shell again. ps: if i turn the ASC off all problems dissolve. checked it on the modic and nothing showed. :hmmmm:

• Wheel sensor failure would also cause ABS fault light. But it seem that the system thinks it's detecting loss of traction and actuating the ASC shut-off throttle valve. Perhaps your tyres are mismatched with different rolling diameters? Other possibility, along the line of Timms suggestion, is a dirty or intermittent sensor /sensor signal. The sensors are magnetic and pick up all kinds of ferrous particles, which may then lead to loss of pulses.

No faults would be stored for these conditions, as they resemble loss of traction.

• so if i take off the tires are the sensors easily accessible? maybe i could spray them with some WD 40 or wipe them up with something.
    WHAT?:ahhhhh: did i say something wrong, i mean dont get me started on the pentosin thingy:hmmmm:. all joking aside im hands on now, i dont want THEM to come near my precious anymore:help:

• The front sensors can be extracted from the rear of the wheel hubs. The wheels will need to come off for access. They are held in place by an M6 hex screw and probably also a lot of corrosion. Spray with some penetrating oil and try to wiggle them out carefully. Then, clean the head of each sensor, which is a magnetic piece that will have accumulated a lot of iron dust and debris. Clean the mounting hole, lightly grease with copper anti-sieze (for the next time) and refit.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!