Sad Csi Story

• Most of you have heard the story of this magnificent car and its demise this week since being purchase by the 4th owner. There pictures are self explanatory and do not need many words from me.

The good news is that it is now in great hands with Andrew Kahn in his car collection. Negotiations are underway to buy it back and keep it in his or someone else’s collection who appreciates beauty when they see it. Andrew picked up the car and took it to his shop in Glendale to try and get it back to its original condition. Sadly the transmission took a hit and now that have to be repaired or replace.

It went from this when sold to the 4th owner:

To this in 3 weeks:

Now has been restored back after 7 hours of work.

• This very special CSi, CD00162 was featured in the US Bimmer magazine in May 2005 - see here - at the time belonging to Andrew Kahn.

It won the "People´s Choice Award" at the huge Left Coast 8-Fest in 2003 and the report of this meeting in BMWCCA´s Roundel magazine in May 2004 also included this annotation regarding CD00162.

"Alas, it is not for sale. Like so many of us, Kahn has had a particular obsession for some time. His 850CSi ist the culmination of a patient search and years of negotiation; he is only the second owner of the car, and he assures me that if I become owner #3, it will only be after the reading of his will."

Out of 225 US CSI´s only 6 were delivered with an Individual interior and just 8 of the cars received an out of standard paintjob.

This car is the only E31 with a two tone combination purple/lotus white which is a great match to the exterior in Daytonaviolett.

It is good to see that the restoration process was swift and that the 3 weeks collection of all sorts of remnants did not have enough time to irrevocally vandalize the interior.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Interesting. Just out of interest Reinhard. When trying to click thelinky in your post I get redirected to a German version of the site and asked to log in again...Any ideas or am I being as 'technical' as I usually am?

• This is the yet unresolved 8er.org vs. 8er.ch domain situation. I made this link to accomodate most of the people that log in from non-German language countries using the 8er.org domain. Most from here go through 8er.ch which obviously seemed to be the case for you too.
    It is a bit of an annoyance but resolution of this is in sight.
    Cheers
    Reinhard

• thank god it was only three weeks. Adds a completely new dimension to "Pimp my Ride" - the smarties on the back seat might have something to do with it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!