blunt question

• i have a blunt question to ask u guys!!?
    my car, m70 auto, installed m5 diff and wokke chips.(plus full paint job to make it more aerodynamic:harhar:). if i continue with manual gear box and cam shafts what will my 0 to 100 time be?:hmmmm: could i reach 6 seconds flat u think:dontknow: is it worth splashing that more dough?

• unfortunately we dont have such expertise in my country. the above mentioned conversions are tough enough! i dont want to get into lean or rich mixture problems........ i see it as a dark tunnel

• A Euro 4-speed auto, with a stock 3.15 diff will do 0-100 in 7.4 seconds.
    6-speed manual with a stock 2.93 diff will do it in 6.8 seconds.
    A stock CSi same diff will do it in 6.0 seconds.
    The CSi has 80hp and 100nm of torque more than the 850i.

In comparison, the 350hp Alpina 5.0 auto with a 3.45 diff does it in 6.8 seconds.
    That has 50hp and 25-30nm more torque than a standard 5.0.

The Alpina hp is roughly what you can expect from camshafts and chips.
    the 3.91 diff should shave off another 0.3 seconds or so, making 6.5 seconds possible with an automatic.

Given that these cars are a bit old, you would expect them to have lost some power, and there is a little wear here and there and will probably not meet these initial figures.

One thing you would find with a 6-speed and a 3.91 diff is that you would shift a lot, and to get to 100 you will have to shift to 3rd gear.
    I would not do it.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• My car has a stock M70 plus my chip set and a 3.64 diff. unit.
    Using a GPS smartphone app I measured 6.5sec several times.

I think the ALPINA B12 5.0 suffers from the slow throttle response. Engine power wise it could do better IMO.

• What you are proposing is actually pretty much a 5.0CSi and that will not do the 0-60 in 6 seconds unless you make a lot more power or a lot less weight.

Forced induction is your only way to get there if you wish to keep the car roadworthy.

8Tech.

• Zitat von 8Tech;100705

What you are proposing is actually pretty much a 5.0CSi and that will not do the 0-60 in 6 seconds unless you make a lot more power or a lot less weight.

Forced induction is your only way to get there if you wish to keep the car roadworthy.

8Tech.

Not quite.

He is talking about a 350hp/475nm 5.0 6-speed with a 3.91 diff.
    Given that the CSi has a 2.93 diff he might make 6 seconds, but he has to shift a lot.

But I agree that F/I is the way to go to get a significant performance boost.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von schnitz850;100708

What about Nitrous Gerry? Would the auto box take it? I know they are rated around the 400bhp mark!!

The 4 speed auto can handle 600hp, I think you would start to worry around 7-800hp.

Mine was reinforced and should have no issue with well above 600hp.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• ok from what i gathered, i will install cam shafts and time my 0-100. if im under 7 seconds i will go with the manual conversion, but if not i dont think its worth.
    thanks guys.

• Try to look for Schrick cams on google.

Your Wokke chips will probably not work perfect with those, so you need new chips, if you can't get a kit, you may need to custom tune to get the most power.

This will get you about 350hp, but the price may not be worth it.

http://store.vacmotorsports.co…0-camshaft-set-p1113.aspx

Looks like M20 cams are about $500 each, and you need two of those.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!