M70 Sensitive Throttle

• Back in 2006 after having endured a jerky throttle for 8 years I was alerted by our friends in the USA that the problem had been a recall for them in the earlier days. I was never able to find any reference to this problem through BMW in the UK and a replacement was unheard of.

As the attached invoice shows for virtually no money at all, Gault BMW sent me a replacement chip which immediately solved the problem, in fact, the transformation was unbelievable. Until Sunday at Gaydon I had never met any other person who has experienced this problem. I was telling one of the chaps this story and he said his 850 was, and still is, exactly the same. As I write he is composing his email to Gault BMW.

The Wokke chipset that I now have installed has greater overall benefits than the single EML chip that I replaced in 2006 but Wokkes EML chip returned a very slight degree of jerkiness; probably no more than 10% and I can live with it because of the other benefits.

This is clearly an old issue but as it raised its head on Sunday I just thought it was worth a post to see if anyone else was aware of it.

If Timm should read this I would be interested to know if there were any records of the problem with the e32.

Cheers
    Graham

• Zitat von Nifty50;102596

If Timm should read this I would be interested to know if there were any records of the problem with the e32.

It's not something I have come across before on the E32 Graham, nor have I seen it mentioned on other Forums - but I'll certainly keep an eye out now - Thanks!

• Had the same issue on one of my 1991 E31's back when I had a matched set and also obtained an EML chip from Gault which resolved the issue. Apparently it affected some M70 cars in 1991 only as my other car did not have the issue. I have since installed the chip into a few other 1991 local E31's which were suffering from the same problem. Affected both autos and 6 speeds and two different EPROM chips were released by BMW. Likewise, I have never heard of the problem with M70 E32's but I do not follow those forums. I do have a few of each auto and manual chips available as I purchased all remaining chip inventory (thru Gault) a few years ago. FWIW...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!