is it time to panic?

• Don´t ignore...We at Spain are suffering from this crazy idea since a couple years ago, and now the periodic MOT is a nightmare... ( or a money drain if you need from an external company to verify and register at the car´s card , that changes you have made are "valid"... )

• There is a lot of talk on this subject in the bike papers. Proposes EU regs, that I think may already be in place in some countries.

Basically you can't do anything to your bike. OMFG that's me screwed then!

• I've had the KS8 for 5 years, I baught it modified, The car is 1991 and KS modified it in 1993. I believe the mods carried out by KS are TUV approved.
    Koenig Specials did not keep good records of the VIN's:harhar::harhar:
    I also have Eisenmann exhaust, at the time I baught it from CA Automotive I was given 3 options.
    (Race note) with no TUV.
    (Half race) with TUV.
    (sport) with TUV.
    I picked Sport but how can the MOT station Tell if it has TUV?:banghead::dontknow:

• German TUEV (or TÜV) approved parts usually have a document called ABE (translates as "general permission to use (in vehicles)"). This ABE will itself lead to a KBA number (KBA is the German counterpart to the DOT in the UK) and said KBA number will normally also be on the approved part - either in print or embossed/cast in a way.

I´m certain that items approved in the past will keep that approval (despite them probably not being up to par from today´s perspective).

Everything that was tailormade for a car & TUEV approved in a dedicated procedure on site will normally be listed in the original German paperwork of said car. Once this is lost & no ABE or KBA number available then, strictly seen, there is no "transferrable" approval anymore.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Zitat

I picked Sport but how can the MOT station Tell if it has TUV?:banghead::dontknow:

Will it be the same as the current bike test?

There have been different rules over the years. The after market exhaust rule on bikes was that the system had to have a BS number stamped on it, and not be marked "not for road" etc.
    There was also a Db level that the system had to be below.

That rule has gone now and it is up to the tester’s discretion. The guide is that the after market system should be as effective as the standard system. So if you have a friendly, hearing impaired tester jobs a gud un!:harhar:

• [QUOTE=e31gixxxer;102774]Will it be the same as the current bike test?

There have been different rules over the years. The after market exhaust rule on bikes was that the system had to have a BS number stamped on it.

Gix. dose BS stand for Bull Ship ?
    if yes I will have some BS stamps made. lol

• Zitat

Gix. dose BS stand for Bull Ship ?
    if yes I will have some BS stamps made. lol

You laugh;:laugh: people were selling metal plates on ebay with the numbers stamped on them to stick on to the exhaust:harhar:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!