2013-06 int. E31 meeting in Wien

• Good morning troops - :winkwink:

Just for the record, my French is not as good as my English, German, Croatian, Polish, Russian or Latin :grin2: - but I can read - and don't appreciate public insults...

If anyone thinks our 8er.org RALLY event is a "SWINDLE" - then they should not participate.

In fact, if that uninvited and non-member person does show up to register - she :naughty: will NOT be admitted.

On a happier note - thanks for your quick response on payments - 10% collected - only 90% to go.

R-Day - 63 :driver:
    Best wishes, Jack
    :mrgreen-angel:

• Dear Jack,

I intended to come with my own 850, but due to a buisnees trip I had to change my palns and will come to Vienna by airplane now.

1) Is it possible to get a pick-up to the hotel?

2) I'm the co-driver of Maxchat (member) now.
    In case that I understand the payment conditions correctly
    I don't have to pay for myself?
    Each non-family member - who is a guest of a registered driver, but is not an 8er.org member - must pay 50 EURO to participate (no free rides, hitchhikers, or fans)
    Unquote

Please let me know by return how to proceed in the right way.

Thanks in advance.
    Kuhni

• Hi Kuhni -

Yes - we will pick you up at the airport - please send me the airline name, flight number and arrival time at VIE APT along with your handy number - when you land call me immediately when you leave the aircraft at 0043-664-1230365. Then get your luggage, go through customs and our driver will be waiting for you at the terminal exit with a BMW RALLY sign. The hotel is only 35-40 minutes from the airport.

Yes - you do have to pay the 50 EURO registration fee - you are a passenger of a member, and your are 8er.org club member - but you are not a family member of a paying member - and I still have to pay for you.:grin2:

That is what I meant by - no free ride or entry - even for members.

Thank you for asking - and your concern to do the right thing my friend. :top:

See you soon, Jack :mrgreen-angel:

• REGISTRATION FEE CLARIFICATION and AIRPORT PICK-UP PROCEDURE

Good morning colleagues! :winkwink:

Just for the record the following should finally clarify who has to pay the registration fee.

My initial intent was to expect only car drivers to pay (members or guests).

However - three things have happened:

1. So many more cars are now participating that we cannot convoy them to events in the city and need a bus or maybe two buses - which charge by the passenger, distance and hours.

2. More drivers are bringing family or passengers than I expected - who want more bus runs or flexible transfer times - so my per person costs are going up - although the projected driver count stays the same.

3. Our group is so large and arrival times so dispersed that we will be providing a bar and food during registration Friday afternoon (which is again a per-person expense) and possibly a local folk band on the hotel terrace.

If this upbeat, happy trend continues the driver and guest fee may have to be extended to per person including adult family members (excepting only children.)

The offset is that I was able to get single rates for double rooms and we are still way under past rally participation fees.

Hope my original calculations will cover the final costs - but if not I may have to ask for a registration fee upon arrival - from all adults who attend as family members or spouses.

NOTE 1 - Yes - we will pick you up at the airport - please send me the airline name, flight number and arrival time at VIE APT along with your handy number - when you land call me immediately when you leave the aircraft at 0043-664-1230365. Then get your luggage, go through customs and our driver will be waiting for you at the terminal exit with a BMW RALLY sign. The hotel is only 35-40 minutes from the airport.

NOTE 2 - Yes - you do have to pay the 50 EURO registration fee - if you are a passenger of a member and you are an 8er.org club member - but you are not family (I still have to pay for you.):grin2: Yes - all adult guests - with or without a car have to pay the registration fee to participate. That is what I meant by - no free ride or entry - even for members.

Keep smiling and thanks for your patience.

Cheers, Jack
    :mrgreen-angel: R-DAY - 59

• DEAR COLLEAGUES - BACK-UP HOTEL - ONLY 7 ROOMS REMAINING :mrgreen-angel:
    ================
    Dear Mr. Kingston,

According to your request we can offer following accommodation:

7 double rooms with WC, bathroom, shower
    From 7th of June to 9th of June 2013 (departure)
    At the rate of 114,- Euro per night and room (2 Persons)
    Bio-Breakfast buffet included.
    Single use EUR 98,--

Cancellation is for free until one week before date of arrival. Otherwise we have to charge the costs for the first night.

We hope you decide in favour to our house!

Kindest regards,
    Laura Wehner

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Wien

Hotel Gallitzinberg
    Johann-Staud-Str. 32
    1160 Wien
    www.umwelthotel.at
    "office@umwelthotel.at"[/email]
    +43 1 419 87 70

• Hi Martin! :winkwink:

Good point :top:- I was wondering about that myself and was about to ask our old wise men;)...Thanks for your advice.

Please send me your handy number - need to discuss judges with you and Cristoph.

Thanks for the payment.

Cheers, Jack :mrgreen-angel:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!