Winter tyres..?

• As my 8-Series is my daily driver, I have been contemplating fitting cheap alloys with winter tyres. As the temperature drops the traction light is flashing more and more often even when not pushing the car. Winter tyres are not just for snow and ice, they work so much better when the temperature drops past 7C.

Fat normal tyres are absolutely useless in this weather!

• I think its a great idea for anyone who uses the car all year round to have a set of wheels for winter use with some slightly less sporty profile/tread pattern tyres.

It is a great way of keeping your good wheels clear of corrosion and the 17's would be ideal. Also, to have a full set spare to use whilst maybe refurbing the main set would be very useful and far better than leaving it on stands.

If I used my car in the winter salty months, I think I would be spoiling myself with your wheels and would be buying them off you.

However, as I dont use the car in the summer months either at the moment, it would be a luxury I could not warrant.

8Tech.

• Zitat von Timm;106646

As my 8-Series is my daily driver, I have been contemplating fitting cheap alloys with winter tyres. As the temperature drops the traction light is flashing more and more often even when not pushing the car. Winter tyres are not just for snow and ice, they work so much better when the temperature drops past 7C.

I suggest you grab Jaap's before he finds some winter tyres!!!:harhar:

• :winkwink:

Zitat von Timm;106646

:top: I agree! You better use fat winter tyres! :)

245/40/18

The first 18" we had on one of our daily drivers where Dunlop Winter Sport 3M -bad on snow good on dry roads.
    2nd where Pirelli Winter Snow - good on snow, good on dry roads.
    Then I got 400 km "old" Dunlop Winter Sport 3D from a track test for half of the new price - good on snow, very good on dry roads.
    Since a few weeks the new Hankook i*cept - very good on snow, not so good on dry roads.
    Should have taken the Dunlop Winter Sport 3D again, because we usually don't have to much snow! :roll:

The DD can be compared with the 8, it's a 2 tons baby with 500 Nms...

Just my 2 cents... :grin2:

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

• My only two forms of transport are my motorbike and the 8 Series so I have to use the 8 when its icy. I started using winter tyres 2 years ago bought a 2nd set of Throwing stars and put some Vredstein tyres on (think Continental do the best winter tyre though).

They do make a tremendous difference. Timed it just right this year, swapped wheels over last Tuesday, this was Wednesday morning.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Zitat von shiggsy;106697

My only two forms of transport are my motorbike and the 8 Series so I have to use the 8 when its icy. I started using winter tyres 2 years ago bought a 2nd set of Throwing stars and put some Vredstein tyres on (think Continental do the best winter tyre though).

They do make a tremendous difference. Timed it just right this year, swapped wheels over last Tuesday, this was Wednesday morning.

Thats a nice property.
    Tell me you have a UK style palace :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!