8 now my daily driver.. for the time being

• Hi guys
    Sold the DD Audi (A6 Estate).
    Feeling very maudlin :bawling: due to the fact it was a great car, plus I took quite a big hit - £3k over 2 years - but I need a later model car for work. No doubt I'll end up in something that cost me double the sale price of the Audi, but which is absolutely rubbish.
    So, for the time being the 8 is our daily driver :harhar:

This could mean some more shots soon for Andre's 'Driven and Dirty' thread.. wherever that is.

• Originally Posted by BBMatic
    but I need a later model car for work.

OK Graham what I mean is I need a later model car to look good going to work :toothbrush:

In all seriousness I've been thinking of a great lovely VW van stroke camper (not one of those old hippy buses) but we also need a van for work so I'm figuring a tie-in, bobs your uncle. Only trouble is they cost a stupid amount of money, some old manky panel van for £12k or a more luxurious carrier which is £17k+ but your hands are somewhat tied.

Then there are the VW van enthusiasts, who are ok but i'm far from on familiar ground there.

• OK, consider me dragged in:itsme:

Steve, The Mini is lovely, for a girl. At least you didn't get the crossover, now that is truly hideous.

Burn, I'd go for the VW Camper van before Steve starts banging on about the virtues of a Mazda Bongo

I read a great comment the other day from a motoring journalist when he was asked what he thought about the new 1 series. His reply was "..and you thought the first one's were ugly":laugh:

• Only kidding.

Crossover sounds like one of three things: a car that is actually a stereo.
    A car for someone who cannot make their mind up whether they're male or female.
    A car that thinks its a Sports Bra.

Can you imagine how naff a car would look with 'crossover' emblazoned in chintzy letter over your wheel arch? (especially that bizarre modern day equivalent of the Reliant Robin Sandwich posted up)

Sandwich, two sandwiches short more like

I'm here all week.

• I hear you.

I'm considering replacing my DD this year, had the car for over 4 years, and it's an -04.
    I'd like something newer, more comfortable and practical than a coupè, I allready have a coupe in the 8, so I really don't need two now do I.....
    think I might be going for the latest generation 5-series sedan.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• What on earth is the Crossover? I take it youre referring to one of the other MINI success stories! I think the expression you were looking for Graham is Fanny Magnet....Lovely little car!

• Zitat von BBMatic;108144

Crossover sounds like one of three things: a car that is actually a stereo.
    A car for someone who cannot make their mind up whether they're male or female.
    A car that thinks its a Sports Bra.

very well explained. :laugh:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!