Terraclean

• This thread got me curious, and after a few hours trawling posts on various forums, I've booked into have this done locally.

There are lots of posts with people posting HC emissions before and after, with a dramatic reduction in emissions, what that equates to driveability wise is subjective I guess but the feedback is very very good.

The garage that will be doing mine said he did an 850 not long ago with fantastic results (I guess he would say that though...)

I'll try and get an emissions test before and after done on my 840 and report back

• Did they say what it will cost you Jin?
    Mine gets throught the MoT each year but it only just scrapes through on emissions, that why I want to give it a go.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• About £120 all in for a V8 - may be slightly more for yours as its a bigger engine.

The Wheeler Dealers video knocking around online demonstrating on the XK8 show the HC emissions at 500+ then drop to 80 afer the treatment.

Hows your respray looking after a couple of years BTW? I'm thinking of taking the plunge as I've got a fair bit of rust spread out in various places to take care of.....

• Sounds really great but personally I would be worried about the stuff being too aggressive to parts of the engine mid to longer term? Anything to read about that in the various internet threads, guys?

• Checking the MSD of that stuff it turns out that it is up to 100% high boiling "gasoline", over here aka "Diesel" fuel. It is well known that this stuff can take off sooty residues quite easily. I can imagine that for the "before" tests e.g. really rotten spark plugs were in use leading to incomplete combustion (high HC) for obvious reasons and "after" the treatment the soot has been washed off (temporarily) resulting in better spark/combustion.
    All nice and shiny but what takes care of the condition that led to the build-up of soot? What are the results like 500 miles on?
    Edd signing up with Terraclean only because it is such a great product? :laugh:

Shan´t we discuss the virtues of pure nitrogen as opposed to air in your tires also? At least for the fiver per wheel you got compressed air minus oxygen from a pretty elaborate machine (same above) and green caps on your valves... :roll:

I know many a good way to spend hard earned money too... anyone wants to share his? ;)

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Zitat von shiggsy;109149

Did they say what it will cost you Jin?
    Mine gets throught the MoT each year but it only just scrapes through on emissions, that why I want to give it a go.

I cannot comment about Terraclean but I thought I would share with you that every year 1 day before my MOT I add a third bottle of REDLINE S1-1 Fuel System Cleaner to my petrol fill-up.
    Then a drive to let stuff do its work and then again on day of MOT.
    Sails through emissions test easily every time with often comments about what a claen engine it is.

• I think that it is more than just diesel - it's got carbon dioxide in it as well. Basically, it's fizzy diesel, all you need is a Sodastream and bottle of diesel and you're in business!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!