How's life in E31 land?

• I know the feeling! Took the car to France and Belgium a couple of months ago to visit the WW1 sites. Car started stuttering badly up to about 3000 rpm so had to drive at full tilt for three days. Got it home to find that it was only a coil that had failed. Still hear horror stories re the SMG box but touch wood all fine so far!
    The E 31 has such massive road presence compared with the e46.......

• Hi Steve,

Glad to see you're good and still popping in to get your fix! That's a lovely M3..

All is good, the sun's shining and the 8 is sitting pretty on the drive, out beemering the 330d across the road, ha!

Mick

• Sang!
    Very good to hear from you mate.
    I hope things are looking up for Shrewsbury finally, but not holding breath obviously.
    When are you going to sell that POS and come back to the 8er?

:toothbrush:

• Hi Steve,
    Good to hear you are still with us! We've now moved to Mid-Wales and unfortunately I have "crunched" the front bumper on the left side (lower half), hitting an embankment on these single-track back roads. Coupled with that, the car has over-heated twice so will be fitting a new viscous coupling over the weekend - as you will remember, there is always something to be doing on the E31!

Viscous coupling changed (a bit of a fiddle to get the old one off). Oil change service done - back on the road again!

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Mick BB and Angus
    Glad to hear you're all chipper. Sunny Shrewsbury is fine. All kids have now left home, so wifey and I have decided to refurb the house we moved to a few months ago. Trawling window, door and kitchen showrooms is certainly not my idea of fun. Not long till we start smelling of pee and cabbages too!
    Where in mid Wales have you moved to Angus? Lived just outside Llansantffraid for a few years and had a great time.
    Re the POS BB.....Cheeky young pup. At least it goes forward! I still keep looking for a good 8 but all seem to have well over 100k miles on now and not sure i could bear any serious troubles...Anybody fancy a rather nice M3? Soon to have the Freeview tuner fitted!!!
    Be good all ...
    Did anyone bother with Gaydon this year?
    Is Graham still about ? Nifty??

• As a 6 year e46 M3 owner, the SMG is the least of your worries. fuel pump, alternator, subframe cracking..... those are things to be more concerned about.
    very fun car to drive, I planned to keep it 2-3 years when I bought it, ended up with 6.
    replaced it with a -12 M550d touring, was looking for some more comfort and a more practical daily driver.

The e31 has been driven a whopping 2 tanks of fuel this year, might be able to get one more out of it before winter storage but I doubt it.
    Few things to tinker with over the winter, but I hope to get some more use out of it next year, wasn't anything wrong with it this year, but it just didn't get used.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von Noggie;122286

replaced it with a -12 M550d touring, was looking for some more comfort and a more practical daily driver.

can't blame you on that. I love my E38-750iL for it's comfort and all the nice little extras she has. And if needed still as fast as an 850.

• My cars back on the road thanks Steve.
    Not giving her a winter break this year. Worried she's going to have to go…and want to make the most of every day/ week.
    The idea of selling up giving me real mental stress which i manage by burying head in sand.
    Hopefully it won't happen.

• I know the feeling Burn. Sold the M3 via Pistonheads. Inundated with calls from idiots for a week. Was going to just give up and sell to WBAC but eventually sold it.
    One very lazy eye open for an E31 as have made the rear of the house accessible!
    Regards to all

• :winkwink:Hi to all my old buddies--- Steve- Burn- Argo- wolfman asw,1st time i've logged on here for 12months, can't believe you're contemplating it again Sandwich but that coming from me ha ha,if it ticks the boxes dude then go for it why not try the 3 pointed star??

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!