Is this forum dead?

• Your old car is currently SORNed. Maybe a good time to give the owner a call ;)

Don´t mean to rain on your parade but prices have seemingly gone up in the UK too. Over here we´re on average at twice the prices we saw a couple of years back. 5k GBP will likely not buy you anything worth having these days but we shall keep our fingers crossed that your gent´s agreement is holding up.

:winkwink:
    Reinhard

• In the UK, the lowest prices were seen around 2012 - since then they have been going up at an alarming rate (well, alarming to someone who hasn't got one)!

• Zitat von Fatandre;132808

Me perosnally had a slight moment of selling but I am getting over it now.

We have slight moments Andre, it's the getting over it that's important.

• Zitat von Danilo;132801

4:10 AM... you could not fall asleep tonight? :mrgreen:

it was 2.10am when i made that post. The clock is on some kind of 2 hour Euro summer time ;)
    But yes i was up half the night fretting

• Zitat von Danilo;132842

Oh yeah... that would be a great attitude :laugh: ... :top:

I'm very sorry, esteemed forum members. I've been working late hours recently on a project & i was emotional. I don't know why I over-reacted so much. There is no question of my harrassing this individual; I have edited a few of my posts above, they were awful to read again. :(
    There is no point worrying and likely, little point asking him to sell. I have not emailed him yet, just a single text asking how the car was doing.
    He mentioned her being back on the road soon...a likely rejection if I go further.
    I may casually ask if he thinks he might sell in the next 1-2 years. Thats a fair question to ask, and it is advisable I register a serious interest, just in case his situation changes in next 1-2 years.
    I'm meanwhile reviewing the last few days in my mind .. it has made me think again.

• No need to apologise, I enjoyed your posts, especially the original versions ;) You want your car back, what's wrong with that? Definitely send him a text asking to buy the car back, but he'll probably take the mick on the price. You're not the only one to get emotionally attached to a car, I have poured thousands into a car that should have been scrapped years ago.

• Thanks for that Nick.
    However given the current climate of turmoil and division.. I am not wanting to find myself cursing strangers, especially strangers who are 8ers.
    I think someone in my position, who made the original mistake of selling, needs to understand that such a fine specimen of a car is now displaying her charms elsewhere and no doubt giving great pleasure to the new owner who has taken on the financial etc commitment necessary (a commitment which was temporarily beyond me, with my big mouth). The fact my own situation has since improved is all very well but in general, I prefer people not to cover up their own mistakes in life by making excessive noise & disturbing the local flora & fauna..
    There is a more dignified solution which is quietly let him know my thoughts.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!