Is this forum dead?

• I am here almost every day but my 840 is in hiding waiting for my next period of E31 enthusiasm. Along with a Porsche 928 and my new this week toy-a 2013 Ford Interceptor sedan with the 3.5 liter Ecoboost engine--365 hp worth.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• The closed nature of this forum makes it somewhat unattractive to newcomers and pretty much invisible in search engines. There's very little we can do to improve that because making the forum public is not an option (not my decision). Does that mean this place is dying? I don't think so, but 8er.org simply does not have the number of members that for example bimmerforums.com has to keep a continuous supply of discussions going. That doesn't mean no one is here - many members are lurking. If someone posts a question here, he/she will most likely get an answer. The quality of the posts and the knowledge of the members is excellent over here.

• It's more of a gentleman's Club and less of a pub. (If you excuse my somewhat arrogant comparison :laugh:.)
    If we don't have something meaningful to say, we just keep our mouth shut. :harhar:
    Therefore there is more silence here as elsewhere but the information to noise ratio is superior to other forums.

Cheers
    Steve

• Quality, not quantity. That's how I view this forum. There's more chit-chat over on BF or the various Facebook groups but if I'm looking for the definitive answer to questions this forum is where I ask - to me it's the best source for helpful, technical speaking-from-experience advice.

• We have the most knowledgeable 8er experts in the world on this forum. They are small in number but they know everything. We don't need the riff raff.

My Louis XIII is running low, does anyone need a top up?

• Sharkfan: You should have access to all forums except for two private club forums which require paid membership - Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz (G06: D-A-CH) and BMW Club Serie 8 France (F02: FRANCE). There are other forum groups which can be joined/left but by default you should have access to every forum except those requiring paid membership. You can control your group memberships in your forum profile.

The private club forums provide premium services like access to E31 related documents - most of which you can find elsewhere as well but perhaps not as neatly organized. There are great and interesting discussions in the private forums but in my opinion paid membership only makes sense if you speak the language fluently. There's not a single discussion in English in there...

• Zitat von Fatandre;132279

BB, you back to the e31 family?

i never stopped lurking here.
    Maybe one day. I'm regretting the idiotic sale of my car due to trivial money worries, when I should have removed the car from my thinking completely. She was fixed after a tranny problem and raring to go. The family knows it hurts; we've started a new business meanwhile which i guess took priority, thankfully its doing really well.
    maybe if we start doing even more really well, which is possible, i'm working on it. thanks for asking.

• BB we are all waiting for you :)

Zitat von BBMatic;132372

Maybe one day. I'm regretting the idiotic sale of my car due to trivial money worries, when I should have removed the car from my thinking completely. She was fixed after a tranny problem and raring to go. The family knows it hurts; we've started a new business meanwhile which i guess took priority, thankfully its doing really well.
    maybe if we start doing even more really well, which is possible, i'm working on it. thanks for asking.

• Zitat von BBMatic;132372

I know the pain you're feeling!
    Of all the cars I've had the pleasure to own, the 8 Series is still the only one I still lust after. Cannot stop looking at the usual places to see if there's one at a reasonable price V mileage. One day eh?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!