Fuel Lines

• Nifty50: The pipes run in pair towards the front in the area indicated on ENGL's picture. When they get to the engine compartment they bend up 90° and follow the firewall. The pipes end below the water valves assembly (actually right below the brake master cylinder - still against the firewall). This area is quite difficult to get access to - you must remove the headers to get some working space. From there rubber fuel hoses go to another pair of metal fuel pipes at the top rear side of the engine. These run towards the front of the engine where short hoses connect them to the fuel pressure regulators in the fuel rails.

• Thanks for the picture ENGL and thank you Revtor for the explanation.

I need to replace the corroded parallel sections beneath the car. The pipes that turn 90 deg and go upwards are in good shape and I was wondering if I could join the new sections to the existing with a flexible connection or would this be an unwise decision in your opinions?

Cheers
    Graham

• Hi Graham - long time mate. I ran my car for years with a piece of braided flexible hose in place of a section of corroded fuel line. It's clearly not great, but it will work. I have replaced all the lines properly now. Someone else fitted them but I don't think it's a massive job.

• Hi Nick, hope all good with you.

I only had one offside pipe that was corroded and it got picked up as an advisory last year. Notwithstanding that only one needs replacing I am having both replaced along with all the clips etc on Tuesday. The parts from BMW were only £88 and have been quoted 3 hrs to fit at an independent.

Cheers old boy,

Graham

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!