Intensive Cleaner Fluid

• When I went to purchase some intensive washer fluid today I was advised that this is a discontinued product but I managed to buy a litre on ebay.

I asked the dealer to explain what BMW's recommendation is for overcoming this situation with vehicles that previously used intensive cleaner and was told to just use undiluted ordinary screen wash.

I suppose there was no other answer but it does kind of make a joke of all the years we have paid through the nose for intensive cleaner when the advise was "only use BMW intensive cleaner"

• Hi, at least in Germany this stuff still appears to be available, part no. 83120410745. https://www.leebmann24.de/bmw-…-frostschutz-1-liter.html .

Your dealer simply needed to present a solution to the problem and this recommendation apparently is a very simple solution.

I personally have a kind of prejudice against any intensive washer fuid coming into contact with paint under conditions, wherein the fluid is not instantly diluted or washed off by rain, etc. I never (neither in my first 850 long ago, nor in my present one) used this intensive washer fluid, but used normal washer fluid in both reservoirs instead.

Cheers, Bernhard

Zitat von revtor;152756

... I don't think there's much magic in it.

Presumably just as effective like snake oil in the gearbox :grin2:

• It was very dangerous stuff!

[video=youtube_share;lWWJpQugo-Y]

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/media]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!